CHAPTER SEVEN - SOCIETY OF PSYCHICS

RAGHAVENDRA

The snow pelted against the glass windows as the doctor checked Dev's pulse. He looked up at the thermometer and signed. "Signs of slight fever and dehydration. He will be fine by morning. Fed him something when he wake up." The doctor said as he readjusted the IV tude and left the room. The silence continued as I looked without blinking at the pale face laying on the bed. The comfortable blankets covering him till his chin. The clock softly chimed in the background as the hour hand hit nine.

I looked up as someone cleared their throat. I gazed at Dev's friends and teacher who had barged in unannounced as Dev fainted. They shared a look among themselves as if to see who will breach this elephant in room. They of course had a faint aura of evil spirits surroundings them. I have no doubt that they were targetted spirits especially the girl with a bandage on her ankel. The energy was fairly new. "How can I help you ?" I asked in a nonchalant voice suppressing my emotions beneath it.

"Can I ask why are so interested in Anand. I mean it's not that.. I mean it's not your responsibility to look after our ward. I will pleasantly move him to his room after he wake up." His teacher clarified but somehow this rubbed me in very, very wrong way. "I think you should check his gaurdian form once again ma'am. As his godfather I have all responsibility to protect him against everything and anything. I can assure you that he will be alright and I have not even a inch of mind to let him out of sight till end to his tour." His ma'am stiffened. I didn't regret as a coldness resonated through my voice. "The door is that way." I added as she opened her mouth to retort leaving her no way but to move out.

Her face alternated as if thinking whether to continue arguing of risk loosing her job by quarreling with me for my godson. At last the need for job won and she left the room with her students following her like ducklings but not without giving a lingering glace at Dev. I signed as I pulled out a chair and sat next to Dev's bedside and began to run his icy cold hands. Spirits have that effect on his father as well.

They would get uncontrollably cold whenever we went to excavate a probable paranormal site. The memories of sixteen years back began to trickle slowly on my mind. His infectious smile and laughter. He use to be calm and collected. Always playing the peacemaker among all our people of society. We were always a pair. The biggest troublemaker and calmest peacemaker. Girls use to hoard us like bees in our college heck he even got a rose from our professor. I signed as I looked at the cloak. It is going to be a long, long night of wait.

-------------

I warmed the food as Dev began to stir awake. He shook his head and looked around to calculate his surroundings. He looked just confused not terrified which is good. I don't think I can deal with a mental breakdown now. He looked at the IV patch on his hand and then at me. "Eat first then we can talk." I said thrusting the warm soap bowl in his hands. Which he gulped down. I chuckled under my breath as I remembered someone who use to do the same. Food come first. She use to say. After eating he looked up at me as if asking who am I. I smiled and took the plate away from him set them aside.

"Raghavendra Rajdev Vijaynath." I introduced myself as he replied. "Devanand Krishna." I shook my head my replied him back. "Wrong. You entire name. Devanand Ashvin Krishna-Suryanarayan." He looked at me alarmed. Anyone would if you told them their entire name which is not even mentioned in any documents. But of course I would know. I was the one who took him to temple to name him.

I took my phone and opened a photo. It was me, him and her at the day of their marriage at Vishwanath temple and the other was my photo when I held him in my arms first time the only time. He looked at them in shock. "Are.. are they my parents ??" He questioned with emotions. His eyes going teary at corners. I patted his shoulder as I sat at his bedside. "They are." I had known Ba.. Guru ji will not tell him anything about his family but not till this extend. I watched as he looked at the pictures and observed them in his memories.