CHAPTER 7 - Prelude to chaos

20 minutes before the eruption

Location: Saint Freya.

Theresa has been busy walking back and forth in the Library.

Few minutes ago, Bronya called her on a really urgent matter. She felt like the weight in her head just doubles down upon hearing the news of Anti-Entropy kidnapping her newest student.

With the sudden Honkai outbreak. Almost every Far East Branch's Valkryies except students has been dispatched to repell the outbreak. It also hinders the search progress as Valkryies would run into rampaging Honkai beasts before they could began the search.

"Alyona's kidnapping, and sudden breach. All of these were obviously connected. Anti-Entropy doesn't play around as always. Even if they have to sacrifice an entire city for the second time just for the sole purpose of their objective. This has gone way too far"

She thought of calling Otto. Sure Schicksal has all the resourced capable for this case, but Otto would probably snatch Alyona away after things said and done from Saint Freya for whatever he has in store. But if things took a sudden turn...

"Nghh, no... I'm not going to call him"

Although through the evacuation procedure every citizens has been successfully escorted into the School. With the students helping out the refugees once they arrived. Theresa still felt resentful at her inability to foresee this. She should have known that Anti-Entropy wouldn't definitely sit idly by.

Theresa gazed at the large window. The beautiful blue sky previously was switched with a dark cloud. Theresa sighed as she decides to step out of the Library. The sight of Students and Valkryies running around handling out food and meds for the refugees calmed her heart a bit.

Several Students and Valkryies would approach and greet her. She kept walking until she reached the hallway towards her office, on hwe way she decides to call the lone A.I who's in charge of the entire Far East Branch management.

"Ai-chan"

"Haii Haii! Your most trusted Valkryies companion, Naoe Kanetsugu is here!" a green lump of cabbage appeared from thin air just behind Theresa.

It can be said that this lump of cabbage is Theresa's little assistant and one of the most important figure who runs the far east branch. With her cheerful attitude she jumps around in the air and landed herself on top of Theresa's head.

"Please don't joke around at times like this, Ai-chan..." Theresa sighed, while she scolds Ai-chan's behavior.

"Sorry... Ai-chan just wants to cheer Madam Theresa a bit..."  Said Ai-chan while looking down.

Theresa can't help but feel bad about the A.I. But there's something much important at bay right now.

"I appreciated it, but, Just tell me the current status"

Ai-chan went back into her cheerful persona and began to explain every things theresa needed to know at the moment.

"Yes Ma'm! Evacuation of the residents went smoothly, and the refugees are currently being secured by nearby stationing Valkyries and students"

"What about the search?"

"The 5th Valkyrie squad led by Miss Himeko is still on the case"