CHAPTER 9 - Serenity...

4th, August 2015

Soukai City, City's Park

13:06

On the crowded streets of a peaceful and bustling city. Even after going through the obstacles and dangers that had just befallen them, the will for mankind to keep on going forward.

It had been six days since the event that galvanized the entire world had occurred. People flocked back to their homes. Some chose to move away, and some preferred to stay.

The streets were filled with Valkyries patrolling, construction workers from Schicksal repairing buildings and roads, etc.

A Man who seemed to be in his early twenties is sitting near a bench on the sidewalks of the road in a park. All the Valkyries present at the location fell silent as they passed by the man.

The man was staring at the beautiful blue sky in tranquillity accompanied by the voices of the people visiting the park at that moment.

Reminiscing about the past. He just wished that Kallen was here to witness these riveting scenery before him. Even someone as old as him would just go sit down to forget about everything, even if it's just for a few seconds.

But sadly the things has done were irrevocable. He has gone way too far to turn his back.

Otto was speaking with Amber at the moment.

"The fourth eruption has been prevented. It's the first time in our history for this scale of massive global catastrophe actually ends with zero casualties. It makes me wants to study more about the current Herrscher. But unfortunately Theresa has kicked me out of her doorstep"

"Lord Otto, would you like me to talk with madam Theresa regarding this issue?" Amber replied.

"No need, just send Rita over here to watch over the fourth. We'll find a way to take her into our arms, and i'm sure she'll make a fine S-Ranked Valkryie candidate if we trained her well enough"

"Understood. I shall leave this message to Miss Rita"

He dissmissed the connection after that small conversation. The man was once again left alone. Sighing to himself he proceed to look at the clear blue sky again, it was still clear as it was like 500 years ago...

Well, to be exact 557. But who cares about that? Alot of things has passed, and the current thing Otto could do right now is to make sure that his long life plan succeded at all cost.

"Wish you were here to enjoy this view, Kalle-Ughak?!"

...

"I'm sorry uncle!"

A boy nervously approached Otto whose face was implanted with a soccer ball.

Otto patiently held the soccer ball then immediately looked at the boy along with the other children. His poison green eyes glowed as his body radiates the aura and charisma of a powerful tyrant that has stood for centuries.

"R-Ruuun!!"

The children instinctively chose to run away from the park.

Meanwhile, Otto was in the state of bewilderment and exasperated.

"They don't want their toy back?..."

【3rd Person View】