CHAPTER 14 - to Run or to Fight... Why not both?

Disclaimer: This chapter contains tons of Time jumps to the point it would confuse you. I know I tried my best, but here we are. A whopping 9,5K words for an entire chapter.

Enjoy!

...

Or not...

...

【Alyona - 1st Person】

18th August, 2015

"You should be quite familiar with this place already. Then without further ado let us begin your first technically second combat simulation. In this test we will see your evading skill" The voice of Otto rang through the speakers

In which I replied it with a nod wether the man noticed or not. Why did I agreed to act like I'm working under him in the first place?

"Commencing Simulation in 3... 2... 1... BEGIN!!" An A.I voice announced the countdown.

Although it could be called a stance. It was merely an original preparatory move that I had invented. I just simply raised both weapons to neck level and slightly bent my body. Truly symbolizing My inexperience in battle.

What can I do anyway? In my entire life, never once I held a firearm. Or participated in a life and death battle like this.

The large dome was engulfed into streaks of lights. At the same time, the light changed the shape of the dome. What was once just a solid iron wall had become a bustling jungle of various types of vegetation.

I stood among the dense trees, there was only me and this field while surrounded by various trees.

A massive black lance suddenly hits the center of the field causing the entire floor to rumble. At the same time, a girl with golden hair like leaves in spring also hit the ground hard. The multiple vibrations almost made me lose my footings.

"Memorial Arena Simulation: Valkyrie Durandal, Level 2. Good luck." The A.I voice continued.

Without further ado. Durandal's simulation immediately pulled the lance from the floor and instantly slid towards me at a fairly high speed. Fortunately, I was able to jump backwards and propel myself to the right as I made direct contact with the ground.

At the same time, Simrandal crashed into foliage of trees behind me. Causing countless of arboreal destruction in it's process. Fortunately, this whole place was just part of a simulation. That also applies to the weapons and battlesuit I'm wearing.

"Seriously, this is difficulty level 2?!"

Otto handed me a mech-type battle suit. A white chest plate, a yellow neckpiece, a pair of gloves with solid tips, and black tights...

What I wonder is why such a tight-fitting garment that only covers a small area of the body can be called a battle suit? What part of the body other than the chest area can be protected from a devastating blow?!

Well at first I thought I would be scared to death. But it seems that I don't have to worry too much because my ability to dodge attacks is really useful.

Oh yeah, if I remember back when I was a kid, I often avoided all kinds of physical touches that could potentially hurt my body. I was so agile that my parents couldn't even physically punish me because I always dodged their hands. I can't believe I almost forgot about my past...