Chapter 14

"They will receive subsidies from the army every three months, until they reach the age of 18." Lu Zetian put the washed dishes in the cupboard and looked at Qin Shi. "It is not necessary to save money on food and drink. The child's health is the most important."

Qin Shi chuckled and said, "I understand."

Since he has said so, she will not save money for him. She got all the money. The children should eat, drink, and dress well. She must arrange everything properly.

"How much in a month?" Qin Shi asked.

"Five yuan, plus some food and fuel stamps," Lu Zetian said after washing the dishes, picking up the rag, and beginning to wipe the stove. "I saved all their father's pension, and I will give it to them when they grow up."

Qin Shi nodded, and she certainly wouldn't think about the money.

"My salary is 80 yuan a month, and I send 10 yuan to my home every month. The remaining half is saved, and the other half is kept for my expenses." Lu Zetian turned to look at Qin Shi and said, "Is that enough?"

Qin Shi shrugged and said, "That's enough for now. Next month, we will use the 35 yuan for our monthly expenses, and then we can see if it's enough."

Lu Zetian raised his eyebrows, looked at Qin Shi, and said nothing. He continued to wipe the stove with his head down.

Qin Shi looked at him polishing the stove, and the things on the cupboards and tables were all in order. She wondered whether all soldiers were obsessive-compulsive and clean.

After Lu Zetian cleaned up the kitchen and entered the bedroom with Qin Shi, he hesitated for a moment and asked, "Why don't we change the room later? Your room is too small."

Qin Shi refused: "No need, I will give you the design drawing after a period of time."

Lu Zetian was happy. "So confident?"

Qin Shi smiled, "Just wait."

Lu Zetian: "We will wait and see."

In the evening, the children who came back from playing went to wash themselves. Gu Qinghai took his brother and sister to bed.

Ping Ping and An An fell asleep, but Gu Qinghai didn't feel sleepy for half a while. He stared at the ceiling with two big eyes in a daze, thinking about what Qin Shi said and the meal she cooked in the evening.

Eventually, he gave a soft hum, rolled over and laid on his side, and closed his eyes.

She wants to let them relax their vigilance by being soft, and he is not deceived!

......

The next day, before dawn, the wake-up bell rang, and Qin Shi opened her eyes, a little confused.

Qin Shi responded to the noise of Lu Zetian's room next door. Lu Zetian will return to the army today.

Qin Shi lay still in bed because he didn't need her to cook breakfast. Lu Zetian would go to the canteen to eat.

However, after Lu Zetian left, Qin Shi did not lie for long. This body is used to going to bed early and getting up early. The sleep schedule is regular and healthy, so she must keep it.

After getting up, Qin Shi found that it was still dark outside. It was only six o'clock when she looked at the time. After a moment of silence, she went to the kitchen to burn the stove and prepare to boil water.

Qin Shi tidied up the kitchen, moved the cabinets and tables, and changed the location to make the kitchen bigger and brighter.

After half an hour, the children were still not awake. Qin Shi made a bowl of egg soup herself and then continued to clean the room.