Chapter 22 - ̶H̶o̶m̶e̶

Warning: Uno swear word

-----

Rain.

Cliché.

Your fur stuck to your skin, not even bending to the will of the stormy winds. Eyes dancing across the city's neon light, you blanky stared down at the ugly city. Once upon a time you would have found the beauty in its fake light, pretending it was the night sky like you dreamed to see. Pretending. Always pretending.

And dreaming.

Dreams were for those who still had hope in this forsaken city.

And there used to be one. One lonely (A/T) that used to believe in dreams.

But that one was slowly snuffed out by the rain.

Glancing up at the raining sky, were the grey clouds- or grey smoke you never knew, tumbled. The rain drizzled down your face, your eyes squinting to prevent the sting of water burning into your vision. 

Once you would have danced in the rain. But if it always rained how was the feeling of the fresh water dancing in rhythm to her movements suppose to feel special every time. 

Past the grouchy sky, you would have once wondered if the sun was out or the moon. If the sky was blue or black. 

Is the sky like his eyes?

But what was the point if she would never see the sky. Why wonder if you would never know. 

Facing where the black sea rushed, she felt nothing as she stared.

She used to imagine a world with blue water, like the sky but richer. Palm trees like the one back at the base spanning over grassy fields. It was sight to imagine.

But what's the point of imagining the impossible. It brought nothing but disappointment.

Her heart once believed in hope, dreams and making the impossible possible.

But that heart was picked up and dropped. Left to drown in its own glass shards.

Her heart that brought her colour, now filtered her eyes through a monotone lens.

Because He left.

"Why don't you come with me?" His voice rung with hope. You blinked at him, unable to comprehend what he just ask of you.

Go with him. As in leave. 

Mind rushing for an answer, you lungs breathed out a measly, "W-What?"

"Come with me. We can explore the unexplored. Like how you have dreamed!" His smile grew as his tails began to wag at the thought, his legs pushing him off the floor as his genius mind ran miles ahead of yours. Hand on his chin, he paced. "If we find a new place, we can rebuild a better place. A better home. An actual home. Together, you and me. It will be amazing. Free."

You shook your head at his rushing words, your head following his pacing.

"Nine," he ignored you in his rambles. "Nine!" Nothing. "NINE!" He gazed down at you, eyes beaming. But at the sight of your fallen features, his smile fell.

"Yeah?" he gulped, ears flattening.

"I- We-This-" you shook your head staring at his feet at you searched for words. "Nine," you whispered, "We can't leave this place. It needs us. This is our home." Nines features darkened, his forehead becoming crunched as he glared down at you.

"This isn't our home! Look around you (Y/N)! No one respects us, we are treated like crap, and the Chaos Council has full control over the city. There is no hope left here. No future, no life. (Y/N), listen to me," his voice strained with desperation. 

"But... this is home." Nine shook his head at your words, his steps falling back towards the exit.

"This place is not HOME!" he snapped, teeth baring. "This place is a shit hole! It. Can't. Be. Fixed."

"There's always hope-"

"THERE IS NO HOPE!" He hissed, fur raising as he glared at you in red. His hands balled into fists as he heavily breathed, "This place may be your home... But it ain't mine." Holding in a sob, you lower your head under his gaze. 

The bandages around your heart slipping.

Shaking his head, Nine gave a sarcastic chuckle, "Why did I think you would understand? You're just like the others." He turned around and left. His form disappearing as he climbed up the stairs.

That was the hammer that brought your heart to un-fixable peices.

Your metal arms crackled with electricity, shocking your nerves as you fell to your knees and leaned on your hands. But you couldn't care. 

Gripping your shirt were your heart lay under skin and bone, you felt its broken sting. 

You thought you would cry. You thought a broken heart brought tears. 

But your heart was far passed broken.

It was gone.

And as you stumbled to your feet, and climbed out of the abandoned station, your eyes caught sight of a red spark. A red spark which came from the energy crystal. Signalling Nine's departure.

And you didn't know it was possible, but your missing heart just became a bit more lost.