Chapter 25 - Grim Hope

People... people! I have recently been playing God Of War: Ragnarök (IK I'm late I just got time to play it) and oh my goose, One of the characters is just YASSSS!! So, I'm going to be making an x reader on it cause I HAVE TO! So yeah, I won't say who (kinda wanna see who u guess) but yeah, if I'm a bit slow here that is why, I am obsessing and writing and AHHHHHH!

Any who, enjoy the chapter!!  And this is short, SOZ!!! I got lazy :)

___

Slowly backing away from the over whelming number of enemies, you emotionlessly await your demise. You already got your hopes up when Nine returned. Foolishly, you thought he came back for you, but nope, your heart was an idiot that had fallen too far for you to save.  

But as an Eggforcer aimed it blaster at you, Sonic returned with a flash of blue and a spin dash. Ignoring the anger of Rebel and Knucks at Sonic, you gazed up at the sky hopeful to see Nine.

Maybe he changed his mind.

Maybe-

Nothing.

The sky was as grey as before. 

No sign of Nine.

Shaking your head, you return to the present. Runing passed lasers, and swinging of metal arms, you were about to take a go at Dr Deep but a strong weight on your back stopped you. Hissing, you tumbled on the tar road before you claws dug into the ground, halting your harsh stumbles. Shaking your head, you (e/c) eyes caught sight of the colourful lights of Dr Babble's armour. 

A sass remark would normally slip past your lips at the sight of the baby, but your mind numb body refused. Dr Babble, ignored the silence and began attacking with a fist swinging towards you. Jumping into the air, you landed on his fists and dug your metal claw into the arm. You attempted to detach his hand from the rest of him, but you weakened strength only resulted in a protesting zap of your arm, and the sound of metal hitting metal.

Sighing, you had no power to stop what happened next. Dr Babble pulled his arms from underneath you, the ground meeting your stomach. His foot slammed into your back, sticking you to the ground once again, an annoying giggle coming from Dr Babble upon his win. But instead of pretending to fight back, you just lay there. 

No more trying.

You were numb to the world. 

Letting your eyes close, you ignored everything around you, including Villan monologues and threats. 

But, upon a loud zap and boom, the weight on your back was lifted.

Pushing yourself onto your knees with a cough, you sat up and caught sight of Nine in his ship, his eyes briefly meeting yours. Lasers shot from his ship, saving Knucks and Rebel as well.

He's helping.

He's back.

Shaking your head, you tried to push away the smile that grew on your face. He abandoned you twice and yet, you still couldn't wipe that stupid smile away. Reeling yourself back in, you swallowed your hope (for security). But upon his return, it was like your energy was restored, Nine being your power course. Glaring at the Eggforcers that surrounded you, the painful electricity that coursed through your arm lessened, and with a pounce you went into battle. 

----

Upon defeating the last wave of Eggforcers, you took no time to rest as you began to claw your way up the side of a nearby building, hoping to catch sight of Nine.

But what you saw brought your heart to a stop.

In a bright beam of light, you could barely glimpse Nine in his ship being brought up into the yolk of the city. Your heart pounded as he was helplessly taken into the most secure location in the whole city. What he was wanted for, you knew, but what the Chaos Council will do to him, you could only guess. 

Ears flattening, you growled. He came back, after so much protest and heartbreak, you weren't letting him go, not this time.

Starring up at where he was getting beamed up, you thoughtlessly began rushing towards him, jumping from roof to roof with ease. You had no pan, all you knew was that you had to get him out of there. 

And you would.

No matter the cost.