ch 6. Gift from the Villainess

It's already been a week... To think that I'll be living my life like this, everyone in the academy knows I killed a minotaur at first I thought my popularity is just normal..where people will try to be friends with me, girls will like me...I was wrong this popularity... It's more like people are scared of me..for some reason even my classmates are intimidated by my presence...

I sighed as I continue to listen to our teacher's lesson

"Are you alright?" Anna asked me, she is now sitting on the back with me and Thomas, I heard that the guy beside us is more than happy to trade seats with her...

"I'm fine, thanks" Anna is such a sweet angel... She's like a goddess shining her mercy at me.. to think that she's been hanging out with me and Tom.. that's bad right??? Are we suppose to be her friends????

"Oh, have you heard? They said miss Cassandra will be returning today"

"Oh? Her punishment is finally finish?"

"Mhm, I would love to greet her when she came back"

"Hey hey hey, if you two are going then let me come with you" Tom said while leaning towards me "you two cant just leave me behind!"

.
.
.

A chalk fly towards our position and hit Tom on his forehead making us stop our conversation "Thomas Olivier,Desmond Roxley, and Miss Anna Anderton... Stand in the hallway you three are too noisy and it's distracting the class" Miss Magnolia said glaring at us, mostly Thomas

"Y-yes ma'am..." the three of us said before standing on the hallway

_________________________________

Time has pass, all classes has ended, Anna and Tom have something else to do so I ended up alone walking to my dorm room... It's annoying, anywhere I go people are looking at me and speaking behind my back

I let out a loud sigh "you seems stress" that voice, it's Cassandra walking towards me... It would be bad if I entangled with her matter... Tho, isn't it the same with Anna? She's been hanging out with me and tom..

"Cassandra, I heard you we're back, how can I help you?"

"Yes, I just came back from my detention... Also, I heard that almost everyone in the campus knew your exploits already" base with her smile..it was her isn't it? "Sorry if it annoys you so much, but you want to become the strongest knight right? Then it's a huge step from your goal isn't it? People know that you are a strong individual that is worthy of respect now"

"So it was you... Why? Did you do it? All of us did damage to that Minotaur..it's not just me"

"But you did defeat it, also..I also think that you would he a great knight in our kingdom and our future king, so I gave you a little push..."

So she's planning to make me a knight that will be under the prince? Is that it?

"Well..it did make me popular..in a weird way"

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect it to be 'that way' "

"Is that all you want to tell me? I really wanna rest in my room now"

"No, it's not just about that.." she raised her hand and in my surprise a gray haired gentleman wearing a monocle and a suit walk towards us..is he like...hiding behind the tree all this time???

This man...probably a butler in her family... He's holding a box? A very long box to be exact

"I know that because of that battle with the minotaur you lost your sword and so.." the butler opened the boxed to reveal a longsword..the edges are razor sharp..the crossguard is slightly curved towards the blade..black leather wrapping for the handle..and the pummel is shaped like of a small mace "This is for all the trouble I had cause"

"Mine?"

"Yeah"

With that I took it out from the box...the distribution of weight is perfect..the handle is the right size and it has a comfortable grip..but something bothers me a lot, this blade isn't normal..I know this metal from somewhere... Yes, it was the same expensive kitchen knife my father is using

"Mythril?"

"Oh? You know what kind of metal used to forge it? Amazing"

"No, I don't really have a trained eye for this kind of things, it's just happen my father has a knife with the same material"

"I see, well it's only natural for him to have one, he is one of the best coolinary genius in this kingdom after all..so you know it's properties then?"

"Looks like silver, but stronger than steel.." I answered

"Correct, but this particular sword is forged by one of my father's friend, a dwarf blacksmith..so you will find the edge hard to chip... But just in case, there's also a special wet stone for you to use"

"I don't think I deserve this weapon..this is too expensive.. a sword made of mithril" I swear...she so rich, to give this to me without any care, she's really planning to groom me into a loyal knight huh?

"As I said, it's for the trouble I cause, not only that I misjudge telling the principal about your feats in battle to spread the rumors.. because of my request back then you almost died, then you fought the minotaur and killed it too, so I think it's a fitting reward...and no you can't give it back it's yours now" and with that she just turn her back to me "I'll be watching you closely, strongest knight" she said before giggling

And so...I was left with this.. a mythril sword, a special whetstone, and a black leather sheath for it

"What kind of mess did I get into..."

TO BE CONTINUED