ch 24. punishment

After explaining everything to the prince and everyone in the crowd..I just collapse due to fatigue.. I didn't really know what happen afterwards but the culprit tried to run away, but Cassandra manage to froze her tracks with her magic.

She is too bust to visit me while I'm out of commission and was told to rest for 2 days without training or attending classes..

Tom and Anna visited me and tell me what happen.. it goes like this, Celeste Hayness was found guilty of the crimes against Cassandra..the assassination attempts and the Slander of Cassandra's name by spreading wrong information and making her look bad in the eyes of everyone, since the hayness' are still a rich noble family.. her punishment isn't that severe..she is expelled along with those who helped her...

Emelie Red, thanks to her help was given a pardon, but since she endanger herself for Cassandra.. decided to stop attending the academy for the meantime. And it turns out Cassandra help her and her family to move in the territory of the Windermere family so that they will be safe from people wanting revenge.

Lot's of thing happened while I'm gone..but now I have another dilemma in my hands..I can feel more people staring at me...and here I thought being known as a minotaur killer would be the worse for my social life, it turns out something is gar more worse than that.

I went straight to our class that's when Anna saw me and walk towards me with a smile "welcome back" she said

"I'm only gone for two days you know..also you visited me in those two days" i smiled back

Then here come Thomas putting his arms over my shoulder "hey hey hey! Did ya hear!? Everyone is acting nuts because of you! I'm pretty sure you will have girls flocking toward you now!"

While we are talking, the rest of the class would just look at us... It only took one of them to cheer and everyone starts to cheer my name..it's embarrassing... But it also give me a bit of satisfaction..

The cheers would only be stopped when our professor walks in "settle down all of you!" Professor magnolia exclaimed as she walk toward her table..after seeing me she would smile "welcome back Desmond! Congratulations to your victory"

"T-thanks?"

"As your teacher I am proud of you" she smiled proudly

Well..true, without her teachings about magic I wouldn't be able to understand how certain magic attacks works and behave. her teachings, even if I'm not a magic user.. is essential to my victory

"Anyways! We are getting side tracked, we will have a new student joining our class today" she said after everyone settles down  "come in"

The new classmate that we have..is Cassandra herself, looking straight at our group, she would smile and introduce my self "hell everyone, I am Cassandra Windermere...former student from Class 1-A, I will be joining this class for now on.. because i feel like I'm more welcomed here" she's saying that while looking at us

I was genuinely surprise..I didn't know she will transfer classes..not only that she transfer..she left the top class for us..but it seems Anna and Tom aren't  surprised at all.. it seems that I'm the only one that got surprised...

______________________

[Meanwhile, in the kings office]

Cassandra's father slammed his fist onto the table "your son is at fault in this Elias! You promised that my daughter will be the crown princess back then right!?"

The king would sigh "I know...we arrange their marriage long before, but I can't do anything if my son doesn't want to marry her"

Duke Windermere calms himself down "then what now? What would happen to her? Marry her off to some unworthy piece of shit after she graduated! She's been working hard to become the future queen, she loves your son to!"

"I do know that..my wife also loved the girl, I dunno what my son find with that peasant girl but I'm sure he has his reasons..I'm sure I can do something for your daughter as compensation...I know that it's a promise between you, me and your deceased wife old friend....to give your daughter the best life that she could have. I'm so sorry that things turn out this way.."

"I see, then...I only have a wish, this is also payment for the time your son humiliate my daughter in front of the academy"

"What do you want?"

"Allow my daughter to inherit my title"

"Hmmm... I see what you are doing old friend,  we are also planning to abolish that old law that doesn't give female family members the right to inherit titles, if it's a sufficient payment for my son's mishaps..then I'll give it to you"

"Good, at least we have agreed to that"

TO BE CONTINUED