Chapter 4: Questioning (starting at SHIELD 2008)

Hi

This one is a scene I came up with in my head based of information on Natasha starting at SHIELD. Im in the process of writing a Budapest fanfic about Natasha and Clints friendship and Natasha joining SHIELD. So this is like a insight into that.

Yelena's point of the view

Everyone's still freaking out that Natasha threw the knife at the digital Dreykov. It is like Natasha to have great aim and reflexes.

Wanda holds the knife out to Nat and she stands up and takes it I see everyone shiver and lean backwards. Natasha notices this and hangs her head ashamed Nick gives her a fatherly look of disappointment. She turns to me and give me a look that's says "There all scared of me aren't they" I don't reply.

Natasha as a joke jolts forward holding out the knife and everyone's leans back and screams. Few people who have them on them raise there guns at her. Natasha raises her hands in surrender and puts the knife on her side. "I guess I have my answer" she mumbles to herself.

She sits down again and Clint moves one seat over so he's next to her. We lock eyes and both think "This is going to be a wild ride".

"Ok we are finished with Ohio and Cuba and those clips seem to have gotten a few people fired up" everyone looks at Natasha she whispers "sorry". "But anyway next is something maybe a little easier to watch we're going to go back to 2008!" 764a announces. "2008?" Everyone questions.

I see Natasha and Clint look at each other with very small smiles.

"What is it we're watching" Tony asks. One thing I've learnt about him today he has no patience.

"We will be watching a clip of when Natasha was first brought to SHIELD by Clint" 764a replies. Natasha just grips the knife tighter. "Which part?" Natasha asks still staring into space.

"Questions and sparring" 764a answer. Natasha just grips the knife tighter slipping a little.

"Wait you started at SHIELD in 2008 I thought you'd been a SHIELD agent since you were like a kid" Bruce asks. "Your about to find out" Natasha answer hand gripping the knife but it's on the blade she doesn't seem to notice.

Theres blood dripping down it I snatch the knife away from her and she lunges for it almost punching me in the face. This isn't my Talia. "Natasha" I say she doesn't stop reaching for it blood running down her hand.

"NATALIA! брось это!" She stops. (Drop it!) I say it like a red room instructor.

She jumps at my tone she looks like a scared little girl. I tuck the knife in one of my many vest pockets. "Hey Natasha I'm so sorry" I sooth "It's me it's yelena your little sister" She sits up a bit. I reach for her hand she flinches away. "It's your little sister" I say she gives me her hand kinda. I pull out a rag and clean the wound. "Thank you" she mumbles.

"Use me instead" I say giving her my hand which she holds tightly. "Why do you hate this clip so much your part of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" She holds my hand tight and answers with one word that tells me everything "Natalia"

The clip starts.

The screen shows "SHIELD base USA 2008". We see a group of SHIELD agents pull in a young women in a torn dress, red hair and dried blood all over her to an interrogation room. "Head up" one of the agents instructs the woman. So she rises her head, her expression deadpan and blood dried across her forehead she looks tired and controlled. Once they see her face they rise there guns but one agent already has one on the side of her head.

A guy with an eye patch throws Clint a death glare and looks at Coulson he nods and eye patch roles his eyes.

"Jesus Talia" I mutter. Natasha isn't looking at the screen she looks so different back then. She's happier now. "God is that you" Steve and Tony ask in sync. Clint nods for Natasha. "I can't see Natasha looking like that" Wanda says. "That's because Natasha never has" Natasha says while everyone knots there eyebrows in confusion.