Chapter 27: To get our wires crossed

Last chapter was pretty bad and I regret the plot but here we go. Sorry in advance.

Sorry it's so f**king long

Natasha's point of view:

"Natasha" Yelena's voice asks quiet with a hint of urgency behind it I turn to look down at her, she seems on edge watching every move I make stealing glances at Alexi, maybe I'm just being paranoid, 'Go on Natalia one move, one movement and you won't be punished' the gun shots play but I push them back by smiling at Yelena, She swallows head slowly rising "Can we talk" She asks pushing her eyes closed and then open again as she does.

Is something wrong, did I hurt her, did she just have a nightmare and wants to talk about it. The thoughts spiral through my head but I just smile at her she stands flasks tight in her hand like it's a rope before she falls she used to cling onto me that way when she thought I was Melina or Alexi.

She then goes for my hand and there's something off about it, I always find my self finding daggers in the places people touch me and usually Yelena doesn't get cut she pushes them away but now I feel them telling me to let go, to jump, to cut.

She drags me past the others with our barely connected hands I catch a glance with Clint and nod he nods back I wave at the traitor when he reaches out to me and smile at Laur.

Yelena guides me to the room we fought in before she walks straight ahead full of purpose but also looks like she's trying to push something out of her head that just keeps lingering around.

She pushes through the door then lets go of my hand looks around there's no one here, I close the door behind me staring at it for a minute but don't lock it. The handle is cold to the touch like the walls in my old SHIELD cell.

God then I still thought I killed her, still stuck in the fact that I could do that and maybe I still am.

And when I looked over my files I was trying to convince myself it wasn't real that we weren't a family because if we were, it would mean I abandoned Yelena, I left her there, I abandoned my sister.

I quickly turn around and smile at Yelena pushing down the memories but still wondering why we're here and what thought is driving her visibly crazy, I leave my hand on the handle before slowly letting it slip to my side the walls gone, Yelena is just blankly staring at me not blinking her arms crossed over her chest.

"Do you love me" The question hits me like a truck it quiet yet powerful, Love is for children, your not a child.

Clint was wrong I have f**ked it up.

I bite my lip and think of something to say "What did you say?"

Yelena's point of view:

Natasha asks a sickly sweet smile on her lips, I doubt she didn't hear me, I know she heard me.

'Natasha doesn't love anyone' Alexis words weave their way through out my head like snakes and the words are like the venom dripping from its fangs that are wedged into my heart.