Chapter 11: I want a dog (Conversations with drinks 2016)

Yelena's point of view

First of all I would like to state that I am not stressful. I'm no work at all if any thing Natasha's the stressful one with all her avenger things.

I'm sitting minding my own business when I feel something hit me in the head. I suddenly strike a fighting stance but when I look down I see it's a stuffed dog toy. I kook my head at it as I look over at Natasha expecting her to be trying to hold back a laugh but she's just staring at me with warmth in her gaze.

"Sorry Auntie Lena" Lila calls out from across the seats "Nathaniel has a good arm" she says running towards me I pick it up and hand her the dog with a smile before sitting back down.

I've always wanted a dog, a friend.

Natasha turns to me a smile in her voice "You still want a dog?" She questions I turn to her as she looks like she's high on happiness when asking the question.

"Yeah" I reply she smiles.

"Ok ready for the next clip?" 764a asks us even though we don't have a choice.

Everyone nods even Natasha.

"We're going back to 2016 and this scene takes place in a bar with Natasha and Yelena" 764a tells us Natasha and I share a look.

Let's go.

The clip opens to a small bar like building near a few kids playing soccer out the back.

I plonk myself at a table unwrapping my wound as Natasha grabs two beers for us as I'm pouring alcohol on the cut I wince.

"I hate that" Wanda remarks.

I groan in pain sinking right in the chair slightly as Natasha comes back and takes a seat across from me. I don't pay much attention to her until I notice she's staring out the window to the family, mainly the children.

Everyone shots Natasha a sympathetic looks but she just squeezes my hands really tight so I rub hers with my thumb.

I decide to break Natasha out of her thoughts by doing what we obviously do best (not really) talking!

"That gas" I start looking down at the viles in my vest pocket that is now hanging on my chair. Natasha quickly snaps her head to me and I pretend I didn't notice her staring.

Natasha smiles at me knowing what I was doing.

"The counteragent, it was synthesized in secret by an older widow from Melina's generation. I was on the mission to retrieve it, and she exposed me and I killed the widow that freed me" I look down my eyes glistening with guilt.

Everyone chocks back a sob at my confession and the guilt just builds up but Natasha squeezes my hand forcing me to look at her.

I gaze into her eyes and she whips the non existent tears that she knows I'm crying inside.

Natasha looks at me with a look of sympathy and of knowing before asking me "Did you have a choice?" She knows what it's like to not be given or feel like you don't have a choice.

"You always do that thing" I say referring to the clip, Natasha gives me a look of confusion. "What" she questions. Everyone turns to us.

"Telling other people that things aren't their fault or that their actions under some else's control doesn't define them, when working or forced onto the other side" Clint tells Tasha.

"That's because it's not I'm telling the truth" Natasha responds. Still confused, maybe she is an idiot.

"See, there it is you can say that about others but not yourself" I tell her slightly annoyed.