438. Fire Dragon Ignia

"Son of Igneel, huh? That means he is Natsu's brother in a sense. Let's see if he is as good as his father."

Ben is flying above a mountain now, looking at a big cave that releases hot air. He feels a Dragon's magic power from inside the cave and Selene has confirmed that it is Ignia's magic power. Ben chooses to attack the Fire Dragon first because it will be easier.

"I don't know how strong Viernes is, so it's better to take care of the less problematic opponent first."

Ben releases his concealed magic power a little to make Ignia notice him. He gets a result quickly as Ignia comes out from the cave just a few seconds after he released his power. Ignia doesn't appear in his Dragon form, but in his human form though.

He looks at Ben who descends and now stands in front of him. "This magic power. You were the one who used that big Dragon magic a few days ago. So you've finally decided to show up, huh? Who are you?"

"Me? Just a Dragon Slayer who comes here to kill you."

"Huh?... Pfft, HAHAHAHA! You want to kill me? HAHAHA, it seems all Dragon Slayers are the same. They always believe they can kill Dragons. I agree that you are quite strong judging from the spell you used a few days ago. But if you can only make something at that level, then you don't have a chance against me."

"Fire Dragon Ignia, son of Fire Dragon King Igneel, is that right? You claim yourself to be a Fire Dragon God. That means you should be even more powerful than your father who only dared to hold the title of a King while you are a God. Well, it's either you are truly powerful or you are just too full of yourself. Though I must say, it seems you are at least better than Igneel in Transformation Magic. I don't know about your fire though."

"And you sure know how to run your mouth, human."

"Well, of course. I like to entertain those I'm about to kill so that they won't be lonely in their last minutes."

Ben grins while Ignia is surely angry. But then the Fire Dragon laughs loudly because it's funny for him to get angry at someone's provocation. His anger is still there while he laughs though.

"Hahaha, I'll make sure you die as painfully as possible."

Ignia suddenly shoots a powerful fire beam from his hand toward Ben who just stands there while smirking. The fire engulfs Ben and keeps moving to destroy everything in its path. A wide straight burnt path filled with smoke is created by the fire beam.

The ground is burnt to the point it turns red because of how hot it becomes. It slowly gets cooled down, so the hot red ground turns into the black charcoal ground. But there is one spot that doesn't get damaged, the spot where Ben stands.

"Ooh, that's a nice flame. It's hotter than Natsu's flame at the very least, but not by much. I don't know how it compares to Igneel's flame because I never checked his flame."

Ignia is shocked to see that Ben doesn't get any injury, not even a scratch appears on Ben's body. He is very proud of his power even though he lost against Acnologia. Although he lost, Ignia managed to injure Acnologia, so it is very surprising that his attack didn't affect Ben.

"Sigh, it seems I overestimated you because you are Igneel's son. If it's him, then I'm sure I would get hurt even a little. You need to use a stronger attack. Something at that level won't even scratch me. Are you sure you are really a Dragon God who was said to be at Acnologia's level? Ah, sorry, you are scared of him, right? I heard you run away when battling him while pissing your pants."

Ben keeps provoking Ignia and the Fire Dragon gets angry very easily. That anger finally makes Ignia transforms into his Dragon form. Now Ben can be sure that Ignia is really Igneel's son. Their appearances in their Dragon forms are very similar, after all.