Chapter 5 - Attracted

Zhangyang arrived in the capital around four o'clock in the afternoon the next day. She was wearing a light yellow crepe mid-sleeve cheongsam with small floral patterns. The material was light yellow jacquard silk with playful red dotted patterns on it. The waist is very good, and the waist that can't bear to be grasped is like a willow. The skirt was slit, revealing a section of snow-white, slender and well-proportioned calves while walking. She looked elegant yet still lively as a girl in her early twenties.

  But when Zhang Nian saw Zhang Yang like this at the station, his eyes darkened slightly.

  He was not interested in observing the handmade cheongsam Zhangyang was wearing. The first time he looked at Zhangyang, his eyes stayed on the latter's feet.

  Although Zhang Yang went abroad with his mother many years ago, the communication between the two has never been interrupted. Through weekly phone calls and occasional letters and photos from Zhangyang, Zhang Nian was able to piece together Zhangyang's life over the years. She was such a delicate person, but now when she walked out of the train station, she was wearing a pair of slippers that looked out of place.

  This is not the most important thing. The most important thing is the dazzling white gauze on the exposed feet.

  When Zhang Nian saw this, he had already strode towards Zhangyang.

  Zhangyang also saw Zhang Nian, and she tilted her head. After all, she hadn't returned to China for so many years. Although she and Zhang Nian had contacted each other on the phone, it was the first time in more than ten years that they had been face to face like this. She was not an acquaintance. Even with her younger brother who was born at the same time, when they reunited more than ten years later, she felt that there was a thin film between them.

  Zhang Yang was not prepared, but Zhang Nian had already walked up to her, took the suitcase from her hand without saying a word, then stared at her injured foot and asked, "What's going on?" 

When she heard a familiar voice, Zhangyang seemed to have regained a little sense of familiarity, but Zhang Nian's words were obviously questioning, so she had to laugh dryly, "There was an accident on the road." Zhang Nian took the initiative to extend his hand. With her in mind, when the two of them still lived together, they had many quarrels and fights, but they almost always ended with Zhangyang crying, and he couldn't miss a meal of bamboo shoots and flat meat.

  "What accident?" Zhang Nian asked. He still remembered that he and Zhangyang had an argument once when he was a child. She accidentally lost her balance and hit her head on the corner of the table. Her white forehead instantly turned red. No skin was broken, but Zhangyang cried loudly. She was such a person who couldn't bear pain, and now she seemed to be injured at all, and she was still so calm, which made Zhang Nian feel very uncomfortable.

  It is the same for both adults and children. When children see caring parents around them, they will cry unscrupulously for attention because of the smallest things. Adults will also become squeamish around the people closest to them. Whether you are an adult or a child, when you clearly know that you will be favored, you will not pretend that the years are quiet, but will only show your truest side.

  But now, in Zhang Nian's view, Zhang Yang is pretending to be strong.

  He was unhappy because he felt that he was the person closest to Zhangyang.

  With him here, his sister, who saw the world a second earlier than him, no longer needed any pretense or pretending to be strong. If you are hurt, your eyes should be red in front of him like you were when you were a child.

  Zhang Yang: "Oh, I just fell."

  "Liar." After Zhang Nian took two steps, he noticed the subtle changes on Zhang Yang's face. It must be that the other person felt uncomfortable walking, so he stopped and settled down. Look at her steadily.

  Zhang Nian's eyes must have been inherited from Ms. Xie Yuqing. Those red phoenix eyes with a bit of cold light were very focused when looking at Zhang Yang.

  In the end, Zhang Yang was defeated and muttered: "I sent my mother's ashes back to Wuxi, and met a human trafficker on the way." When Zhang Yang said this, he raised his head and quickly glanced at the young man in front of him. Sure enough, the light in Zhang Nian's eyes seemed colder than before. The face that originally looked gentle and handsome was also full of gloom and looked very angry.

  But just when Zhangyang thought he was angry, Zhang Nian had already hung the bag he had just taken from her around his neck, and then squatted in front of her, not caring at all that they were in a place with a lot of people. train station.

  "Come up." Zhang Nian said.

  He wanted to be angry, but he really couldn't be angry with Zhangyang's face. Even if he was angry, he was angry with himself because he was not by Zhangyang's side when she encountered difficulties and dangers.