Chapter 28

LUBANZI

Chapter 28

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

It's Hlelo's birthday today and also the matric dance day. Her mother just organised a small dinner for her before she goes to her dance. She's having her real eighteenth birthday party tomorrow with her friends. They are actually going to Cape Town. Daddy dearest sponsored the trip.

"You girls are looking pretty." Mrs Dalindyebo says as Hlelo and Kaya walks down the stairs.

Hlelo's mother asked us to help Hlelo get ready so we brought Kaya along.

"They are indeed looking pretty. Let me take you pictures." I was holding Banzi's iPhone so I took them pictures. Some they were alone while some they posed together. Not that they get along now but just that it's a happy occasion.

"Happy birthday." I went to hug Hlelo after I took them pictures.

"Thank you,sis. I need a present."

"You're going to Cape Town. What more do you want?"

"A lot of things. I better find my presents when I come back."

"Come give your mom a hug." She went to hug her mother.

"Sis, you're looking pretty." I complimented Kaya.

"Thank you,sis." I gave her a hug.

"Our dates are here!" Hlelo screamed running outside in a heel.

"You'll fall!" Her mother yelled.

Hlelo walked in arm in arm with some boy followed by Senzo. His tuxedo was matching with Kaya's dress. There was a camera man behind them who was busy capturing everything. This is fancy.

"Sanibonani." The guy with Hlelo said.

"Hello my child. How are you?" Mrs Dalindyebo greeted him back.

"I'm fine,Ma and you?"

"I'm doing well,my child."

"Hi." I also greeted him.

"Pax,this is my sister in law Feziwe. Feziwe,my male bestie."

"Nice to meet you,Pax."

"Likewise,sis Fez."

"Sis Feziwe." That's my favourite boy Senzo.

"Senzo…" I went to give him a hug. Kaya came to us and they took pictures with their partners before they left.

"They grow up so quickly." Mrs Dalindyebo said.

"Yeah."

"Come help me set the table." I followed her to the kitchen.

If you're wondering,Banzi is at work. He had an afternoon lecture but he's probably on his way. Same as Liyema,he had an afternoon shift but he promised to come early. Mr Dalindyebo is upstairs in his study. He asked that he shouldn't be disturbed. Amber is the DJ at the dance so she left early to get everything ready.

"Oh I've invited Nthabiseng as well. I hope you don't mind." Banzi's mom said as if it was something normal. Of course I mind but I'm not gonna bring drama at someone else's house.

"It's okay,Ma. She's also carrying your grandchild."

"You girls made me happy. I'm going to reward you so well. I can't believe soon I'll be chasing after my grandchildren."

"I also can't wait to meet my baby. Banzi says he wants a son."

"Don't feel pressurized,my baby. I'll definitely love a girl but any gender is fine."