Chapter 37

LUBANZI

Chapter 37

𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

Finally I'm going back to work. I've missed being a lawyer. Fighting for justice,it just feels so good.

I was wearing my black suit with a white blouse and black heels. Today I wasn't rocking any weave but my afro which I braided on the sides.

"Damn,you look hot." Banzi said walking in. He's not going to work today.

"Thank you baby." He kissed me before he sat on the bed and just watched me as I got ready.

"Don't forget our dinner tonight." He said. Apparently he's taking me out. I can't wait. We haven't had time for ourselves since I gave birth.

"I won't." A notification popped on my phone and I took it.

It was an Instagram notification telling me that Bongiwe is live.

After the dinner three months ago,I started chatting with Bongiwe a lot. We are not friends but we do talk sometimes.

"Let me kiss goodbye to my babies." I put my phone inside my bag and picked up my car keys then went to the nursery.

The babies were awake. Ntsiko was crawling around with a pacifier on his mouth. He never goes anywhere without it. When he saw me he crawled to me and I picked him up and kissed his face. He was more focused on my necklace which Banzi once gifted me.

"Hello Ntsiko. How are you doing today baby?" He just stared at me. Ntsiko is a weird baby. He barely smiles and make any giggling sounds. I put him down and picked up Serenity who was eating her fingers.

I kissed her face and she was busy smiling a lot. Just do anything funny infront of Serenity and she's going to smile. She looks just so perfect.

"I have to rush,my babies." I placed her back in her cot and waved at them before I ran to the garage.

Everyone was very welcoming at work. I was currently in my office when someone knocked.

"Come in." The door opened revealing my boss Mr Dlomo. I stood up.

"Sir."

"It's okay, Afeziwe. You can sit down." I sat down and he also sat down on the opposite chair.

"How can I help you sir?"

"I would like to welcome you back. It hasn't been the same without you."

"Thank you sir."

"The reason I came here is that last week,a woman came here and asked for a legal representative in a rape case for her daughter."

"Oh? If I may ask,why couldn't she go to the police? They would provide her with a state lawyer."

"She already did but apparently there's not enough proof for the rapist to be arrested so they closed the case."

"Sad truth of our country. Rapists walks Scot free while the victims suffer."

"I'm giving you the case. Follow it up and make sure the case is reopened. I hope you won't disappoint me."

"When have I ever?" I smiled but Mr Dlomo is a hard person to please. He just stood up and left.

Linda came with the file and I started reading it to understand it so I can know which angle I could use.

I've knocked off and I'm getting ready to go on a date with my man.

I was wearing a black dress that hugged my body very well with red heels. I applied some red lipstick as well.

I went downstairs where my sisters were. They only came here to babysit since the nanny doesn't work nightshift.

"Mtase khaya…(Sister) you're looking so gorgeous." Amber said. She couldn't stop staring at me and I felt pretty.

"Thank you,sis."

"Let's gooo—damn!" That's Banzi walking in to the lounge.

"You're looking hot."

"Thank you, baby. You're not bad yourself." I was blushing.

"I know."

"Arrogance won't get you anywhere."

"But flattery will. Let's go." He held my hand.

"Look after my babies." I waved at my sisters.

Banzi opened the front passenger door of his BMW for me and I got in. He also got in and drove us to this other restaurant.

We went to the rooftop for our date. Everything was well decorated. There were rose pedals everywhere. There was non-alcoholic wine on the table since I'm breastfeeding.

He pulled a chair for me.

"Thank you." I sat down and he also did.

We started eating and having small conversation. It was time for dessert and it was red velvet cake with chocolate topping.

"This is nice." I said after a bite.

"If it's nice then finish it." He was staring at me while drinking his wine.

"Of course I will." I continued eating.

"So this weekend,I was thinking of visiting my mom. I need to introduce the kids to her."

"That's fine by me. Are you going to sleepover?"

"I have to. I haven't—" I chewed on something hard. I spit it out and realised that it's ring.

I looked at Banzi and he knelt down. I covered my mouth in shock.

"Pretty lady,MaJali,mother of my children you've been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't know who I was before you and sometimes I wonder how I was able to breathe before I met you. You complete me, Afeziwe and I'll really love to have you as mine for the rest of my life,so make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me."

Tears were flowing on my face. I'm so overhappy if that's a word. I'm overjoyed.

"I'll marry you assholé." I gave him the ring and extended my hand. He slipped the ring on my finger and then he stood up. I threw my arms around him and hugged him.