Chapter 54

LUBANZI

Chapter 54

𝐋𝐔𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐙𝐈

I was set to meet up with Lerato at a public space which was at a restaurant. I was currently waiting for her and she was running late.

She finally showed up and she sat down on the opposite chair.

"What do you want?" She got straight to the point.

"I should be asking you that question. You have an incriminating evidence against me and my family. I need to know what are you planning to do about it."

"I wasn't going to the police that's for sure." A waiter showed up.

"Hi ma'am. What can I get you?"

"Just bring me water." She dismissed the waiter. I was having tea not that I like it.

"So you were going to blackmail us?"

"Richard Radebe also molested me." She said suddenly and I wasn't really expecting that.

"I didn't know. I'm sor—"

"Stop. Don't pity me. I don't need your fake sympathy. I was a young girl & I got over it. I was passing by home and as always I looked around to see what Richard was doing but guess what? I saw Afeziwe's car. I didn't know that it was hers so I parked from a distance and decided to walk in. I peeked in and your little sister was crying with a gun in her hands. I took a video thinking that I could use it as a leverage but honestly you did me a favour. I just couldn't kill my own dad but I wished for him to die. I went back to my car and drove away. I didn't know what to do with the video but going to the police meant he's getting justice. I didn't get justice and I deserved it more than he did. I didn't even attend his funeral. Five years later I found the video in my laptop while I had forgotten about it. I decided to mess around with it. I wasn't really a blackmailer but now I want to stop. I'm not kind,I haven't turned kind but I'm not looking for war especially with you. I understimated you."

"I'm glad we are on the same page. I wouldn't take it lightly if someone threatens my family."

"How did you know about Itebaleng? No one knows about him being my son."

"I knew your sister's husband, Senzo. We used to meet during workshops. He once told me about his adopted son. I never fished around it since it wasn't my business. After his terrible accident that led him and your sister to die,I kept thinking about their son. I found out that he was in a boarding school and was adopted by his aunt. Guess what I found out when I was busy finding out who's Lerato Radebe? I found out that you're related to Senzo Mthethwa. Somehow I put all the pieces together."

"I gotta salute you for that. Here's the flash drive." She placed it on the table.

"It has the video. After today you'll never hear from me again and stay away from Itebaleng." She stood up and left.

I took the flash drive and went to my car. Today we have a dinner to attend. Afe's mother would love to meet my family so we are going to Amber's mansion.

My phone rang while I was still in my thoughts. It was Feziwe.

"Hello."

"Where are you?"

"I'm on my way."

"Sere wants some hot wings please bring them on your way home."

"Sere is five, she's not allowed to eat hot wings."

"She's my daughter and if she wants hot wings,she shall get them."

"Bye Feziwe." I hanged up. We have a long way to go.

𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐙𝐈𝐖𝐄

"I think I'm pregnant." I was on a video call with Amber and Kaya.

"Why do you think so?" Amber asked.

"I don't know. I know my body and I can feel that something is happening."

"You guys are popping babies like they are nothing. I don't want a baby ever." Kaya said.

"Popping babies? I feel insulted." I gave her a dead stare.

"Leave her, when was the last time you were on your period?" Amber wondered.

"Last month."

"Are you sure?" I nodded.

"Then you're just being paranoid for nothing. I don't think you're pregnant."

"Let's hope so. I found my wedding date." Amber screamed.

"Really? Oh sis. I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you Kaya."

"Do you need my wedding planner?" Amber asked after she was finally calm.

"She's very expensive."

"So? I can pay for her. Don't stress. You just need to pay for the venue and all the arrangements."

"Well if you put it like that then I don't have a problem." I grinned.

"Fez, you're a miser. You never use your money. People would swear you're poor." Kaya rolled her eyes and I laughed.

"Of course I'm poor."

"Your husband own one of the successful club. He's a lecturer. You're a lawyer. Where do you all take the money?"

"Nowhere. We save it. Our savings now are about millions something."

The main door opened and Banzi walked in holding some brown paperbag. I'm salivating.

"Girls I have to go. I love you." They stopped the video call.

"Welcome home hubby." He gave me the paperbag.

"Where's Sere?"

"She's at the garden. Apparently she's painting."

Speak of the little devil and the little devil shall appear.

Sere walked in holding her canvas. She was full of paintings.

"Mom and dad. I painted a flower. Do you you want to see it?" We both nodded.

She placed her canvas in front of us. She painted a wild flower and it was pretty. Not perfect but perfect enough for a five year old. She used the right colours.

"Wow, princess that's amazing. You can paint." Banzi complimented her and she was grinning.

"Let me take a picture." He took out his phone and took pictures of the painting. Some Sere was in.

"You're just like daddy. Can I do a portrait of you?"

"Only if I get to make a portrait of you."

"Deal." They high fived. The father and daughter duo went upstairs while I remained downstairs eating.