Chapter 30: Only You

Quentin

I'm horrified.

The word shocked doesn't quite cover it, I'm shook. Not only is my best friend bisexual, but he has been engaging in a secret love affair with my own brother for who knows how much time. A year, at the very least.

The funny thing is I actually thought Jude was a virgin right until now. I know, right? What do they teach us about assuming things?

I'm floored by this. I stayed a few minutes in denial because I couldn't wrap my head around it. But though I hate to admit it, it does make sense now that I think about it.

For one, Beck was right. There's no girl in the world I would ever judge Dragon for liking, unless she's mated which is not the case. Well, at least he doesn't have a crush on Cassie, that'd be worse.

Second, it's the only explanation that makes sense for his disappearance when he slept in my house the last time. Like Cassie said: if he wasn't in the living room, bathroom or my bedroom, there's really one place left and it ain't my parents' suite.

I still cannot believe he waited around for me to sleep to go to my brother's room to have his way with him in secret.

What the actual fuck?!

Who does that?

After school was over, I wanted to skip training today but that's not exactly optional. Since I didn't have the car, I got a ride home from a friend and then went to the training center with Jude.

We have to go back and forth together regardless of whose day it is with our car. Plus, he's my brother. I can't exactly escape his presence in my life.

We remained silent the whole way towards training and when Mr. Booker saw us, he assumed we were fighting each other. With us, it's practically a daily occurrence.

"Judging by your faces today, you're feuding again." - He greeted us with a bored tone and expression on his face.

"Not in so many words. Good afternoon, Mr. Booker, can we begin? I'm dying to leave this place, not gonna lie." - I greeted him, also sounding bored.

The training center is where all the pack enforcers train on a daily basis to hone in their skills. When they're not on duty, enforcers have to be here to talk to Mr. Booker or Beta Ashcroft, depending on the subject.

This is the official headquarters for all enforcers. Aside from a gym, training site and male / female locker rooms, there's also an office for Mr. Booker, the head enforcer.

Though he prefers to stay close to his men training. Jude and I have a standing appointment with him every weekday, but some Fridays we skip it together and Mr. Booker turns a blind eye. As long as we don't push our luck.

I can only train if my brother is present and vice versa. The fairness of the fight for Alpha cannot be compromised in any way by anyone.

Mr. Booker spends the next two hours training us with the help of his men. This is not only a requirement for the upcoming combat, but to actually ascend as Alpha.

You have to be able to lead your enforcers if the situation calls for it. It's the same principle applied for the Beta position, except we don't know which person to train for Beta because we don't know who the Alpha is gonna be.

Yes, each Alpha picks his own Beta. And mine would never be the same as Jude's. Especially now.

After we're drenched in sweat and exhausted, both of us walked miserably to the locker room.

We have to take a shower with our backs turned to each other to preserve our modesty, but we know the deal after many years of training together.

After we arrived home, I rushed past my mom who was cooking dinner and went to my room to collapse on my bed.