Chapter 98: Larger Than Life

Beck

I am feeling elated.

I had such a great time at my birthday dinner party, not even my father's inappropriate comments rattled my cage. Though at one moment, I had half a mind to Enygma command him to shut the fuck up. But I didn't, too many witnesses.

I was pleased to have my friends over and Elaine, who lives there so she can't be uninvited. But even she was too distracted with her fresh new mate to care about me. She only had eyes for Blaine, good for her.

By all means, I'm not one of those people who think the world stops at my doorstep. If it were up to me, everybody would be mated and happy. She deserves to get some after Owen was mated away from her. She was wrecked that day.

Speaking of which, Owen and Layla were radiating joy as a newly marked couple. I do feel so happy for both of them and though I was team Blaine, it really had to be him after all. Layla has been shining after she was mated to him, even before they completed the bond.

All couples shone through the night, most of all the most famous throuple of Ruckerford Falls. I mean, the only one. I had the advantage of eating for three, so I had a proper feast with the three course meal and a birthday cake.

The cake was delicious. Lemon pie, my absolute favorite. I know I requested a peach cob just the other day, but that was my babies not me. I love lemon as a cake filler.

It really was one the best nights of my life, discounting the milestones I achieved with my mates. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about... no one can forget that day near the river, lying naked on the grass, both my mates on me like I was a ripe fruit there for the taking...

I'm sorry, I got a little distracted for a moment. I had a blast and it was a fantastic beginning for our spring break. I need to have some good clean fun with my mates that doesn't involve the bedroom.

On Monday, they took me to the country club. It's hot here in Texas, so I could definitely use a pool to swim. I didn't let my belly stand in my way, I just used a UV long sleeve shirt and I was good to go.

The juices were flowing, I had one mate by each of my sides, tending to me, not letting me lift a finger to do anything. I could get used to this... but I'm not so sure I ever want to get pregnant again. Not after two at the time, anyway.

"Thanks for bringing me here today, mates. I needed this." - I commented, sipping my virgin margarita.

"We needed to take advantage of spring break and the fact that you still can enjoy it. I'm sure your belly will be huge soon enough." - Quentin remarked in a sweet tone.

"Huge? Like I'm gonna be a whale and you won't ever want me again?" - I told him and his face descended into a worry scowl. He turned to my side, desperately apologizing to me.

"No, that's not what I meant at all. I will always want you, no matter what." - He spoke, remorsefully.

"Right. No matter how fat I am, is that what you mean?" - I challenged him with a knitted frown.

"No, Beck. Please, I did not mean for you to think that way of me. You are the most beautiful boy in the world and you'll always be the one for me. Nothing can ever change that." - He declared, sounding distraught.

I watched his beautiful blue eyes almost tear up in worry and couldn't resist laughing. He growled at me when he realized I was just messing with him.

"That was a test and you passed." - I snickered, laughing it off.

Quentin was not happy with me right now. If he could, he'd slap me for sure.

"I'm already dreading it when it's my turn to pass the test." - Jude spoke, noticing how bothered his brother was when he thought I was being serious. I glanced at him ominously.