Chapter 01

Xiangge hurried noiselessly over the half slippery moss coated roof, skillfully using his excellent lightness gongfu. The chilly cold wind descended down the dark sky of the old night.

Now and then, soundless lightnings flashed brightening the entire gloomy Capital. It strongly foresensed the sign of an oncoming violent storm. Xiangge paused in his tracks for a moment, feeling exhausted himself. He was slightly out of breath and his limbs were already aching.

Tears painfully slid down his red eyes, mingled with the water drops on his indifferent face and felled down the sides of his pale cheeks.

He shot a glance at the King's Tower that loomed far away amid the ring of rising mountains and peaks that shrouded the Imperial Capital, like sky towering grand pillars. It looked dark and ghostly amid the instant flash of lightnings.

His eyes narrowed colder. He wiped away the water drops dripping down his face with the back of his tight sleeve and leapt off the slippery roof.

Covered street lamps burned randomly, brightening the damp roadside with faint and gloomy lights. He hurried down the deserted road.

The outermost gate of the Imperial Capital must be near. He only had one humble wish now. These seventeen years he had spent so far were mere entanglements of torture, depression, betrayal and ruthless fate. He forcefully endured it for many years and fought his life amid death. But now he could no longer...

This time, if he did not flee, he would be waiting for his death. It was so certain that not even the person he hated the most, can save him now.

Xiangge felt deeply frustrated. The most irreversible mistake he did in this life, perhaps, was trusting that hateful person. But now things had turned to the point that he must flee. And there would be no turning back...

Xiangge's sight was blurring again. He wiped away his tears and turned to a side road to the left. Suddenly his slender wrist was grasped tightly and the world spun around in lightning speed. His head went dizzy. With a thud, he was pulled to the side and pressed fiercely onto the road side wall.

Xiangge was originally a descendant of one of the most pure and noble bloodlines among the Imperials. Naturally, a noble born prince had greater talent than others. But Xiangge as a prince, was even out of the ordinary.

His gongfu was doubtless the top notch in the entire Capital. It was no secret that there was no one in the Capital who could beat him in face to face combat. There was no one to outmatch him in knowledge and skills or whatever it was. So this noble prince was simply perfect.

There was no one who could casually spin him around and randomly push him against roadside walls, except- that person who stood above hundreds and thousands, that person whom the entire Capital feared, that person Xiangge could not outmatch, that person whom Xiangge hated to the core, that person he wanted to kill but couldn't...

Xiangge raised his moist eyes hatefully and met with the gaze of piercing cold eyes.

This person had dark and dense brows. His well refined face was fair and flawless with a sharp straight nose and a pair of seductive thin lips. His face was unscarred. He looked like an immortal carved out of white jade, in his lordly attire of precious black silk, Imperial Dragon Robe with golden edges of soaring dragons.

It's wide sleeves fluttered in the blowing winds, sinisterly. It matched perfectly with his tall and straight body which was lordly and domineering, with a narrow waist and broad shoulders full of masculine beauty.

His long and shiny black hair was neatly combed and held up high onto his proud head amid pearls and ribbons of golden and black.

This person was actually handsome to the point of shattering heavens. But that sharp masculine featured posture aired a sense of great vigor and majesty. This, perhaps, made his exceedingly handsome face look cold and abstinent, unfriendly and frightening. His whole person released an astonishing cold celestial aura. There was actually one person like this in the entire world - the Emperor of Xuan Huang, Xie Mingxuan...