Chapter 08

"What about the poison in my body?" Mingxuan asked gulping. "Aren't you going to make the antidote? You said you would."

"In your dreams, Mingxuan!" Xiangge yelled crying. "I'll never make any antidote! You kill me!"

The Emperor looked at him with some inexplicable emotions in his eyes. Then he suddenly leaned forward and directly locked his lips with Xiangge's.

................

The next morning, Xiangge had woken up with a splitting headache. He was stunned to find himself on his bed, with a soft quilt draped over him.

But he had never come anywhere near his bed these days because he had to make that antidote.

Did he work too hard the night before so that he was weary? But why can't he remember anything that happened the night before? He got up from the bed, massaging his sore nape and looked around at the room.

His jaw dropped. His usually messed up chamber was very clean and neat.

What the Hell!!?

Even Rumeng has to scratch his boots a several times before he could cross the room from one end to the other. The floor was always stacked with broken glass flasks, knives, daggers, blades, needles and many other equipments he normally used in Pill Refining.

But who cleaned his room? He scratched his head in confusion.

And a cold shudder ran down his back. How dare he slept! He only had five more days left. These two days, his attempts had been in complete failure.

No matter what, he aught to make the antidote on time.

He had a light wash before he changed his robes and entered into his Pill Refining Room.

Ok. There was another party, curiously bent over his personal desk stuffed with phials of various contents. That person picked up a little flask with a luminous blue mixture. He sniffed it lightly before he sneezed several times in a row.

"You want to drink it?" Xiangge asked, leaning onto the door making the other party to nearly drop the flask in sudden shock. "Drink it if you want. I can assure you with a quick and a painless death."

"No thanks!" Rumeng said quickly placing away the flask. "I don't wish to die young!"

"Then you shouldn't have come to this room when I'm away." Xiangge said patiently.

"It's not like that I sneaked in here while you were asleep. I knew you would come. I was just waiting." Rumeng said. "Eh, why do you refine so many poisons? How many times can you regret in this life?"

"Go and wash your nose before you regret it." Xiangge said sarcastically.

Rumeng tightened both his hands upon his nose with widened eyes. "Are you serious?"

Xiangge nodded reassuringly. "When did I lie to you regarding matters concerning medicines and poisons?"

"Oh!" Rumeng hurried to the corner of the room where there was a barrel of water with several bowls on a desk.

Xiangge did not watch him wash his nose. Instead, he walked to the rack where he had placed a single porcelain bowl. It was what he had been working on yesterday.

There was a translucent water like liquid in it. Xiangge sighed. Still the poison Xia Mingyu did not show any kind of color change. He had been working on this antidote for the thirtieth time yesterday.

But what more? Even the contents he added to the bowl to detoxify the poison had completely melted into the liquid by the strong poison. Not even their remnants could be seen.