Chapter 07

Rumeng came out of the Imperial Study. Eunuch Zhu was standing outside the door dutifully with his familiar set of junior eunuchs by his side.

As soon as Rumeng saw Eunuch Zhu, his teeth started to itch. His lips stretched into a vicious smile. "LaoZhu?" He pulled out a raw radish from somewhere from his dress and took a big bite. "Long time no see!"

Eunuch Zhu just stared at him as if he had eaten ape shit. "You-!" He said hotly. 'Quickly get lost!"

The juniors were bewildered at Eunuch Zhu's guts. It was true that Eunuch Zhu was the Emperor's personal attendant that held some considerable power even to speak head on with Officials.

But still he wasn't in a place to afford offending Lord Rumeng, that terrifying assassin of Xuan Huang. He was the personal bodyguard of the Emperor. Is not Zhu afraid that one day Rumeng will get back at him if they end up quarreling with each other?

But Eunuch Zhu's reaction quite interested Rumeng. "Hmmm?" He said in a curious whisper. He was just about to open his mouth to tease old Zhu when he had to shut it back quickly.

"How many times Zhen has to tell you to leave Zhu alone!!?" The Emperor's grim voice lifted from inside the Imperial Study.

"Yes! Your Highness!" Rumeng bowed to the door in dismay. But he didn't forget to pinch old Zhu's bulging stomach before fleeing away at lightning speed.

He fled, giggling and looking back over his shoulder at random. Not until he suddenly slammed onto a cold solid chest with a bang.

"Oh!!!" Rumeng was thrown several steps back in sudden pressure before falling onto the hard ground on all his fours. He screamed in pain when his butt met the ground.

"OK!" He cursed loudly. "Who the Hell!!? You fucking dare to push this respectable lord down to the ground! Did you fucking eat dog shit early in the morning, you-"

But his curses abruptly came to a stop when he saw the other party standing forth him with an extremely irritated face.

That person wore a uniform robe of deep blue with silver edges. His extremely young and handsome face was cold than ice and snow. He looked majestic and lordly, beautiful but domineering.

Yinsang Jun! Who else could it be than Yinsang Jun, that ascetic monk who lived in celibacy and did not spare a single glance at the fairer sexes with his alluring looks? Such a waste of beauty! It was no secret that he was not an easy nut to crack. And the most cold and smile-less face after the Emperor was probably him. He was extremely irritable which caused several zhangs around him usually to get deserted where ever he went.

"!!!" Rumeng gulped, cursing inwardly. OK! Beautiful alright! But why did he has to run into this cold beauty early in the morning?  Was his luck that bad?

"Yes?' Yinsang Jun coldly asked in an extremely aggravated voice, as if waiting for an answer for what just happened.

Rumeng stood up slowly, with a broad but uneasy grin. "Handsome Lord Yinsang!" He said extra pleasantly. "I said I didn't mean to run into your precious body! My ... my legs are really bad!"

"Good!" Yinsang Jun squeezed out venomously, narrowing his freezing eyes even colder. "I'll cut off your legs if they continue to be bad! This is my warning! Specially you mustn't let them trespass into my territory again, understood?"

Rumeng looked suddenly furious. "I didn't! When did I trespass into your territory?"

Yinsang Jun gritted his teeth in anger. "Then did your half eaten radish grow wings and fly over to my yard?"

Rumeng was speechless. That early morning, he indeed sneaked into a yard for some juicy oranges. But who the hell knew that yard belongs to this hot potato? If Rumeng had known, he would have eaten *shit than plucking those oranges!