Chapter 09

That evening, Eunuch Zhu told Xiangge that the Emperor went to the bamboo forest. So Xiangge headed towards Xunfei. As he passed by, he went dazed.

He saw the Emperor sitting forth a low desk under a bamboo bush. The little Crown Prince was huddled on his lap in his warm embrace, with his pale slender palm wrapped around the little kid's baby hand that held a long brush. The Emperor was teaching him calligraphy.

It was a lovely scene to watch the Emperor gently guide the little prince's hand to draw with the brush. Mingxuan looked patient and his movements were calm though his face was frosty.

But Xiangge actually knew the truth behind. It wasn't that the Emperor always pretended to be cold and heartless. It was that he never knew how to express himself to be caring.

This scene naturally moved Xiangge to tears. It also brought him the memories of the wholesome days of long ago when he was yet four.

He also sat huddled upon that same lap of the Emperor with connected hands while practicing calligraphy.

The Emperor was the cold faced seventeen years old Second Prince who newly ascended the throne back then.

Four years old chubby little Xiangge was lazy to practice calligraphy. No matter how many times Mingxuan guided his hand he simply couldn't concentrate on his moving brush and the beautiful characters that were spreading across the sheets beneath.

When reminding those scenes of olden, Xiangge realized how patient Mingxuan had been.

Mingxuan never blamed Xiangge for being lazy. He never spoke a word to hurt him and never left him alone.

At times when Xiangge was bored practicing, he would burry his fluffy little head in the side of Mingxuan's neck. He would close his eyes and play with Mingxuan's long and sleeky raven hair that cascaded down his chest.

And when Mingxuan feels that Xiangge is bored, he won't force him to study anymore. Instead, he would nestle Xiangge in his arms and silently walk in the gardens until Xiangge felled asleep...

But now how much Xiangge wished if he could go back to that past again!

That would never happen. Many things had changed in such a short time. That cold faced Second Prince was already the thirty years old Emperor.

Xiangge was already seventeen. He knew the Emperor couldn't treat him the same way he did to Xiangge from the past after that unexpected incident happened.

It was as if their brotherhood friendship was no longer there. Instead, there was some other awkward feeling which made him avoid the other party.

This change was too sudden and big. Xiangge simply couldn't suit himself to it.

He watched the scene forth him indifferently though his eyes revealed traces of sorrow. They went red and moist, blurring his view slightly.

Suddenly something hit his waist with considerable force that he was thrown a step back.

"Impilial Uncle!" A thoroughly excited baby voice yelled out in glee.

Xiangge laughed gently, nestling the little prince in his arms. He pinched the kid's baby fats with full of love revealed. "Ah'zhan was studying calligraphy?"

He asked smiling.

Wuzhan nodded with big and shining eyes displaying his baby teeth in an innocent smile.

"Very good!" Xiangge kissed both his cheeks and sniffed the top of his head. "My good boy!"

But Wuzhan suddenly looked furious. "Impilial Uncle didn't come to see me for weeks! Ah'zhan is not happy!"

Xiangge chuckled. "You even learned to argue while I'm away!"