Character Nine: Honour among thieves (Vivian)

"Why did you bring me here!" Vivian yells at Nicholas.

Vivian, fighting back tears, looks back at the leftover rubble that used to be the mansion. Vivian out of anger goes to slap Nicholas, he grabs her hand and pulls her in for a hug.

"Listen girlie, your friends are alive. We need to go, I'm sorry but we do." Nicholas talks to Vivian through the hug.

The tears that she was holding back began to pour out, what was I meant to do? Wondered Vivian.

Vivian and Nicholas walked for an hour, maybe two then they walked a hill and at the bottom there was a huge complex, it had to be twenty buildings in one area that was wrapped in a metal fence. They arrived at the complex, Nicholas took Vivian to a door.

"It's me!" Nicholas said into a speaker next to the door.

"What's your code?" A low toned voice asked him through the speaker.

"You know who it is Victor. Come on Bestie, it's me!" Nicholas says to the voice in a cutesy wootsy voice.

The voice on the speaker replied with a groan and with that the door slowly opened.

Vivian looked around as they stepped inside, the whole complex was set up like a military base. People were training in guns, fighting, everything.

"Where have you taken me?" Vivian asked slightly worried.

"You will see." Nicholas replied with a small laugh.

They walked until they arrived at what looked like the main building, as they walked in Vivian noticed people saluting Nicholas as he entered the building.

Vivian started paying attention to Nicholas, he wasn't much older then her but he walked so confidently that you couldn't tell. Now that Vivian was thinking about it he did dress slightly militarised but not enough to think that he is a child soldier. He had dirty blond hair and wore glass with a strap around his head so they wouldn't fall off.

They headed into an office, it smelt like weird candles and it had a huge window that you could see the whole area through. On one side of the office there was a wooden desk, and sitting by it was a gruff of a man. He stood up to greet Nicholas and when he did he looked seven, maybe even eight feet tall.

"Nicholas! Good to see your mission was a success!" The man spoke in a booming voice that carried through the whole room.

Nicholas stood in silence as the man laughed to greet him back. Once he was done he took a breath and pointed to the chairs. Both Nicholas and Vivian sat down and the air shifted. Once they sat down the man's whole body language changed, he was no longer happy and laughing, he was very focused.

"I'm going be straight with you. Who gave you that job to steal Chaus's domain?" The man said staring died in the eye.