CHAPTER 2

7:28AM, the next day.

My alarm wakes me up and I leap out of my bed. I do everything in about 15 minutes just so I can get to school super early. I walk into the bathroom and grab my toothbrush, sticking it in my mouth. My mum is standing outside my bedroom door, not noticing me behind her.

'LILY IF YOU DO NOT WAKE UP RIGHT NOW I AM GOING TO HIDE YOUR CIGS'

I stifle a laugh.

She doesn't know where I keep them silly poo

I silently stalk up so I'm right behind her and grab her with both my hands. She screams like the house has just caught on fire and turns to me, her eyes so wide and her eyebrows so furrowed. I let out a squeal and spit my toothpaste out, running for my life. I grab my bag and my toast on the way and run out the door, shouting BYE MUM LOVE YOU SORRY at the top of my lungs. I can hear her laughing to herself as she sticks her finger up at me from the window.

I step on the accelerator, it's almost 8AM, I have time to pick Bella up. I send her a quick text:

fugly cow 💩

hey slut im omw to yours. be ready in 10 xoxo

Urm bitch I still have my rollers in but fine ig do u have a spray i stink xoxo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I grin and zoom towards her house in my beautiful cherry red mustang. I think she's my prized possession. Im kind of surprised she doesn't have a name. I think I'll call her Mels.

I pull up outside my second home and just lean my arm on the horn, letting it sound until I see Bella's front door open widely. She sticks a finger up at me and mouths 'shut the fuck up'. I see a glimpse of her mum in the doorway and roll the window down.

'Morning Miss Carter, how are you today?' I shout towards the beautiful woman

She throws me a smile and shouts back:

'absolutely wonderful Lils, how are you honey?'

I tell her how brilliant I am and continue our conversation until Bella finally kisses her mum goodbye and gets in my car. She instantly laughs and rolls her eyes at me.

'Still keeping this flirting act with my married mother I see.'

I throw her a wink and nod.

She laughs to herself as I speed off towards the school building. I have my most favourite artist blasting in the car, Renee Rapp. I swear that woman does things to me. I just love blondes. We harmonise terribly about tummy aches as we pull up in the car park. The music turns off and I lock my car, and in tradition I walk around and open the door for Bels.

She gives me a little smile and a nod and we walk into school, interlinked arms, skipping as we go. My first lesson is Criminology, with some old hag. Ugh not happy.

I stumble all the way to the class, dropping Bella off as I'm going. I should've picked Media instead of French. The class is half empty due to me being early as fuck so I just choose a seat at the back. A few minutes pass and the teacher hasn't even shown up yet. An unfamiliar brunette girl walks up and sits down next to me, giving me small glances. I'm bored out of my mind. Might as well have a little chat.

'Hey, I'm Lily, I don't think I've ever seen you before? What's your name?' I give her a lopsided grin.

She reaches her hand over to shake mine and I notice how small her hands are. My heart pangs in remembrance.