CHAPTER 16

I wake up the next morning, a smile still lingers on my face. 

I lie for a minute looking up at the ceiling, just remembering everything that happened yesterday. The fact she was thinking of me enough to come to my house is crazy. Maybe she actually likes me...Nah, she can't... She's a teacher for gods sake.

A 24 year old teacher...

Which is now only 6 years apart...

I swear it's legal if you're 17...?

I leap out of bed, heading straight downstairs, missing the shower. I'm not quite ready to scrub her scent off of me.

 Her presence smelt deep and intense. Her scent held touches of citrus, a strong but not overpowering smell of sandalwood. She smelt like a warm corner in a bustling library, or a long country walk with your dog. 

I want to hold her scent in my nose forever. I know her scent. I could walk down the hallways and recognise it from a mile away. I'm addicted. 

I hope I see her sometime during this half term...

MELISSA'S POV: *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

10:57AM

I wake up the next morning, a smile still lingers on my face. When I come to my senses I wipe the smile clean off my face. What the fuck did I do last night.

I showed up on the doorstep of a student. One of my students. Am I fucking insane????

Seriously, Melissa.

I rub my eyes and fling the curtains open with my foot, as light floods into the room. I'm partially blinded for a second before I throw the covers over my head, groaning.

What have I actually gotten myself into. I went to see her upon myself. I bought sweets and a bunch of shit to eat. I feel my cheeks darkening at the thought of seeing her face light up at seeing me. We watched a movie together, well, part of one. We kissed. And kissed, and kissed. I'm so fucked. 

I lie and stare at the ceiling for a few minutes, my thoughts swirled in my head but only one came to be clear. 

I don't regret it.

I had more fun in one day with this 18 year old girl than I ever have before. I shake all other thoughts from my head and leap up, rubbing a hand across my face. I tiptoe over to the mirror in my room and take in my appearance. The hair strewn across my neck makes me feel uncomfortable... I throw it up into a bun and slip some socks on from my drawer.

I'm over the moon it's half term, I can do absolutely nothing for two weeks straight. 

I hear my phone pinging in the kitchen, after retrieving it I throw myself down on the sofa, curling up into a blanket.

A groupchat is active on WhatsApp. I feel about 60 when I message on there. 

'Dinners&Dates' the groupchat containing myself and four of my friends. We basically just chat a bunch of shit and plan nights out to clubs, which is what they're currently discussing! What a surprise.

 We basically just chat a bunch of shit and plan nights out to clubs, which is what they're currently discussing! What a surprise