Burning Everything

There was unrest in the districts

From the moment Katniss and Peeta won, they proved that it was possible to defy the Capitol and not only walk away unpunished, but rewarded.

While there had been no outright revolution, there were whispers. The districts were uneasy. There were whispers of rebellion, and people were starting to wonder how much they could get away with.

Alma Coin was loving every second of it. She had originally been angry when she realized what the Heiress was doing. The moment Coin realized that her symbol was going to be someone that wore fire boldly, she knew she would never truly be able to control her.

But watching these last few weeks, as the murmurs of dissent slowly spread their way through the Capitol, Coin respected the Heiress' decision more and more. The districts were right where Coin wanted them.

And it was this moment that Coin realized that the Heiress has been slowly sowing the seeds of discontent for years. She wasn't just choosing the tributes for their sob stories. She was humanizing the victors. The Capitol had gotten away with the games because they made the tributes out to be barely more than mutts.

The Heiress was humanizing them, and it was slowly chipping away at the hearts of the elite.

Coin watched the recording of Katniss and Peeta's interview with Caesar again. She scanned the screen. It seemed obvious to everyone but the Capitol that their relationship was for show. Coin knew that Snow would have a field day with that.

The victory tour would be vital to secure that lie. She watched as Peeta and Katniss held hands, and Katniss tucked her feet under her dress to curl up closer to him. She watched as Peeta sighed, completely content to be holding the girl in his arms.

"He's really in love with her," Boggs said, analyzing the tape over the president's shoulder. Coin nodded. It was true. While the looks of love were clearly for the sake of the viewers on Katniss' behalf, the same could not be said about the boy.

Peeta Mellark was clearly in love with Katniss Everdeen. He was absolutely smitten with her.

"With the Quarter Quell coming up, the Capitol has a lot of options on how to spin this narrative," Boggs says. He reached into his pocket and held out a slip of paper. Coin took it and read over the content of the letter.

"Plutarch has been reinstated as Head Gamemaker," Coin said. "It seems Seneca Crane's decision to allow two victors was not a popular one."

She continued reading the letter.

"He wants to visit us to run through how to pull the victors toward the rebellion."

"He wants Katniss as our symbol?" Boggs asked. Coin nodded and leaned forward, studying the tape. "But you don't."

"A little fire is good, but a spark can burn down a forest just as easily as it can light up a room. I won't have Katniss Everdeen burning everything we've been working for to the ground."