Old Friends

It took Finnick an alarmingly long time to find Amara

He had never thought about it before, but he had no clue where Jade lived. Jade always came to Amara, and he had never seen their relationship go any other way.

He found himself wandering around the Tribute Center, hoping to run into a stylist that could point him in the right direction, but no one ever came.

He even almost called Celeste, but knew that if he did that and she got involved, Amara would never forgive him. She might be mad at Finnick, but she didn't despise anyone more than her manager.

So, he found himself wandering the square. It didn't take long for the Capitol elite to swarm on him in excitement of seeing a victor out and about. He plasted on the suave smile they had all fallen in love with and told them he was looking for one of the game designers.

They pointed him in the direction of the designer's building quickly. Finnick had no idea that there was a building where all the designers of the game worked, but it made sense. They could bounce ideas off one another and have community and partnership. They were there to make the games a television show as much as anyone else was.

When he walked into the tall building, he immediately noticed all the abstract art that was hanging around the space. The space was very large and wide. There was a table in the center of the room that was covered in fabrics. Mannequins were stationed to the side, and there was a variety of crafting materials that Finnick had never seen before.

"Can I help you?"

Finnick looked over and saw a thin man look him up and down. Finnick had thankfully showered and pulled his appearance together enough for what Amara would consider passable, but he knew that his design choices were nowhere near what Reiner or any other designer would approve of.

The man in question was wearing a striped shirt, held fabric scissors in his hand, and had a tape measurer wrapped around his neck like a scarf.

"I'm looking for Tigris," Finnick said, deciding she was the best bet at finding Jade. The man looked at Finnick like he was a fool for asking the question.

"She doesn't come in until noon."

"How about Reiner?"

"Noon."

"Is there anyone here?" Finnick asked, rolling his eyes. He thought playing the victor would get him more answers, but this man wasn't willing to divulge anything. The man clicked his tongue, contemplating how to answer the question.

"I'm here."

"Can you tell me where I can find Jade Ambrose?" The man narrowed his eyes.

"Only designers for the games work here," he said.

"Thank you, Marcus," a man's voice said from behind Finnick. Marcus was gone in an instant, and Finnick was sure he heard something about how incompetent some people were. Finnick glanced over his shoulder to see another man walking up to him.