School Starts Already?! Part 3

Gill was surprised about the amount of students at the school. They must've added two more winglets because the size of the dragonets there seemed to double. There were new faces everywhere, even ones that looked similar to the ones last year. On the Main Hall's stage, Mother, Clay, Peril, Sunny, Starflight, Fatespeaker, and a Nightwing he didn't recognize but had silver tear drop scales on her eyesxand the teachers were standing up there, smiling. Even Poisonwing, who was right beside him, looked completely confused.

Mother took a step forward. With a booming voice, she said, "Welcome and welcome back to Jade Mountain Academy. It is wonderful to see new and old faces. We would like to state some rules before school truly starts tomorrow." She stepped back and Clay came forward.

"First," he said. "No students are allowed to leave the school without permission. Sneaking out is highly prohibited and well end in three days of detention. Second, sexual items and actions are EXTREMELY prohibited and anyone caught doing it or having it will result in ISS and you will clea the whole school on after hours." He took a deep breath and started up again. Poisonwing snorted and glanced at Gill, who smiled back. "Third, if there is a problem between your winglet, please tell us and do not try to fix it yourself. Fights will rest in detention for one day, but if it is every day, ISS will come to you and you will clea the whole school. Questions?"

A Seawing raised his hand. Gill recognized him as Urchin, the boy who would always be causing trouble in the Deep Palace when he and his family visited Aunt Anemone and Aunt Auklet. "What is ISS?" he asked.

"In school suspension," Clay answered, tapping a claw on the stage. "Or, Friday school, where you will be staying with us for detention and the day after that. Any more questions?" No one raised their talon. "Right. Sunny?"

Sunny came up smiling. "Afternoon students. I am Principal Sunny, but you all can call me Mrs. Sunny. I will be giving you all a scroll to tell you what winglet you are in and where you will go. If you do not want a scroll, I will tell you myself."
(The list goes from Ice, Rain, Sea, Night, Mud, Sky, Sand)
"Gold winglet: Pool, Poisonwing, Gill, Equalwings, Cement, Cardinal, Torrid

Jade winglet: Typhoon, Mango, Seashell, Kolluth, Bank , Storm, Geo

Silver winglet: Flake, Maggy, Urchin, Nickel, Ember, Lightning, Tumbleweed

Copper winglet: Walrus, Magenta, Reed, Hyacinth, Sludge, Cloud, Gemini

Nickel winglet: Permafrost, Toucan, Seal, Venus, Fiddler, Tourmaline, Mossstone."

Some kids were laughing, some were groaning, and some word muttering curses at each other.

"And cursing isn't allowed either!" Clay ordered. "So please stop. STOP IT DANG IT!"
"Oh!" Tsunami said. "The whole winglet will be sharing a cave since we're down to not a lot. We are renovating for new caves, thanks to Stonemover giving us permission. Go on and meet your winglets and explore your classes for your schedule!"

-

"Hey, Rainwing!" Someone said to Poisonwing. He turned around and nearly bumped into Gill while doing it. It was that kind Icewing with the pearly white scales.

"Hey, Pool," Poisonwing smiled. "You're in my winglet, right?"
"Yeah," she laughed, scratching her neck. "Poisonwing and Gill?" They nodded. "I'm trying to memorize everyone so that I don't get too confused. I'm bad with faces but great with names." She looked around and smiled. "Do you know Equalwimgs, Cement, Cardinal, and Torrent?"
"No, but I guess we'll meet them more later," Poisonwing smiled. "I need to make sure that my sister is good with her group." Gill snorted. "We'll meet them when we go to the cave."
"Alright!" Pool smiled. "See ya soon!" She bounded off, waving her spiky, whipthin tail carelessly behind her. "TYPHOON STOP TERRORIZING EVERYBODY!"

Gill snorted again. "Maybe we do have some friends here." They turned around and was nearly face to face with a small, orangish magenta Rainwing.
"Hey, Magenta," Poisonwing grinned.
"Who's that?" She asked, her face more serious than he'd every seen her. With the way she had her face puffed up, it looked like she trying not to explode in in front of him. "Is she like. . I dunno. . Are you guys like a thing?"
"No, no," he chuckled, realizing that his girlfriend seemed to become jealous. "Just friends, not a thing. And she's in my winglet. Are you in Hyacinth's?"

"Yeah," she muttered, embarrassing peach scales over running her pink ones. "We're getting used to all. . . This." I'm really used to seeing Rainwings, not dragons from other tribes. He took her talons with a smile and pulled her close.

"Good thing I'm here!" Hyacinth beamed, jogging up with her scales pink and torquise and yellow. "Magenta, let's GO and meet our winglet!"
"But I'm talking-" Magenta frowned. She was yanked from his grasp and dragged somewhere, unfortunately.

"Hyacinth is doing fine," Gill smirked. "Wanna meet our winglet now?"
"Yeah," Poisonwing muttered.

They walked along the familiar halls once again until they reached the cave they were in last year. There was already shrieks of laughter coming from the cave, and when they walked in, it still didn't stop.
"Oh my GOSH, Equalwings!" Pool laughed. "What kind of joke was that!"
"You can't tell me I'm wrong 'cus that dragon is at least sixty years old!" The purpleish blue Nightwing giggled.

"What are we talking about?" Gill asked, joint the circle in which the other dragonets were sitting in.
"Webs," a female red Skywing frowned. "It's a literal fossil. Anyway, I'm Cardinal. " She pointed to the others. "Pool, Equalwings, Torrid, the selfish Sandwing prince, and Cement, the lonely Mudwing."
"You're a prince, too?" Poisonwing wondered, his scales yellow with surprise.
"Nah," Torrid snorted, flopping on his back and tilting his tail toward Cardinal, who smacked it away with a hiss. "Birdie here just thinks so." Cardinal looked flabbergasted and pounced on him, eventually sitting on his stomach.

Equalwings turned to him and whispered in his ear. "I ship them SO much! They'd be such a CUTE couple!"
"We can hear you!" Cardinal and Torrid snarled. The group laughed and soon, they were all in their beds, sleeping, all except for Cardinal and Torrid, who had gone out to catch prey in the Prey Center.

They would all have a great day tomorrow. Poisonwing was sure of it. They would get good grades, have a great year, and even have fun in clubs and/or field trips!

Poisonwing looked around at his snoring clawmates: Snoring blue Gill, smiling Equalwings, snorting Cement, Pleasantly sleeping Cardinal, and growling Torrid. It was a great year already.