Recall

the last Great Adventure

It feels like just yesterday...has it really been a decade or two? 

Speed walking to keep up with your long legs, you've always looked so tall. Towering above all others, I felt so safe and invincible. Let's go on the fastest, craziest, tallest ride there is; nothing could go wrong. I have my sisters and I have you, let's take on the world with ice cream on our faces and matching tank tops bedazzled with rhinestones. 

When was the last time, the last trip, the last Great Adventure we had together down where the flags add up to six or where the big mouse has a happy smile? I wrack my brain and yet for the life of me I can't remember, the forgotten memory battling against all the other less sparkly ones. Most people think front car is the scariest, but really it's the back; it whips you around like an angry lasso and steals your breath from your body.

Who can scream the loudest? Our favorite competition begins nearly the second we take off, my wild hair flying into my eyes and mouth but not phasing me a single bit. I scream loud and proud like we're shooting into space, our rocket ship soaring past the moon and racing around the stars. I sit in the middle so I am surrounded on all sides, heading into battle with my guards padding my armor.

My curls are knotted from the wind and my stomach is upside down but I am unyielding in my mission, ready to ride again in your shadow and making sure that this time, I truly appreciate the shade. Comfortable in the glow of your grins and the sound of your laughter, I hold onto the memory and tuck the snapshots into a photo album under my bed.

I know in my heart that one day, whether it be near or far, we shall have another adventure together-

And it will be great.