PART 25

Ara snapped out of her thoughts. She looked around. She was in her bedroom, and Taehyung was still in the kitchen, probably keeping the used dishes. She knew she did not have a lot of time. She had to act fast to escape. Her eyes went to each corner of the bedroom, desperately searching for a phone.

'Where the heck is my phone today? Did Tae already hide it? Oh no, what will I do now', she thought while biting her lower lip, feeling anxious.

Her eyes suddenly landed on her mobile phone, barely visible under the heap of clothes. She remembered leaving her phone under the heap and forgetting to fold the clothes. She paced to the heap immediately and took out her phone. She unlocked the phone quickly.

'Whom do I call? I cannot call Jimin, as he is in Canada. He has a family now. Mom and Dad are busy with their lives, and I can't put them through such a dangerous thing. Whom do I', before she could think any further, her phone was snatched from her hands.

"What were you trying to do, my sweet", Taehyung asked her with dark eyes, and his tone was dangerously calm.

She looked up at him and gulped fearfully.

"Hmm. I see you don't have an answer to that. You were trying to escape, but then you recalled that you had no one to call you. Am I right", he asked her with a smirk.

"H-how?"

"Shh. I know everything, my doll. Jimin is no more in the picture, and you don't have many friends, and certainly no friends who would want to be against me, right", he asked as he nuzzled in her neck.

"Tae, please-"

"Shh. No more talks. And try to keep calm, okay? Stress is not good for the baby", he said with a smirk as he teasingly rubbed her belly.

He turned around to walk out of the room again. Before leaving, he turned around once again.

"I am taking your phone. And I expect you to be a good wife and a responsible mother, am I clear", he asked sternly.

She looked at him nervously, as fear filled her body.

"I asked you something. Am. I. Clear", he repeated harshly.

"Y-yeah", she said fearfully.

"Good. Now, don't you even dare think of escaping. I will allow you the basic freedom, but if I find you trying to act smart, I will not hesitate to take some harsh steps. I hope I am making myself crystal clear", he said authoritatively.

Ara nodded her head fearfully.

"You are not going to make any excuses about your meals or anything else. You will eat the best nutrition. I have appointed better cooks for you. So, I do not want you to let any carelessness in that. After that, you will have one of my gym trainers who will help you stay fit, so that the pregnancy and childbirth are easy for you. I have called all your maternity classes and informed them that you will be dropping out of every place. But I will make sure you are given every comfort here in the mansion itself."

He walked closer to her and held her hands gently.

"Why can't you just forget it all, hmm? It has been so long. You told me that you moved on from that bastard, and now you are again causing havoc because of him? Now look at the consequences of your actions. If you had never seen those photos, we would be living just as normal as we did earlier, and you would have all your freedom today. But no, you always have to be so nosy. This is all your fault", he said coldly.

She sniffled softly.

"Stop crying", he snapped at her.

But she just couldn't stop her tears from rolling down her cheeks. Each time he asked her to move on and stay calm, her mind would flash the photo of Sam in his crashed car, taking his last breaths. She wanted answers, and she wanted an apology. An apology from Taehyung for ruining her picture-perfect life for his selfish desires.

A part of Ara wanted to fight. She wanted to run off and take her baby away from such a cruel man. She wanted her baby to be sheltered from her father's bad deeds. But the other part of her just wanted to die. She was heartbroken and did not feel like struggling anymore. She was too tired.

Taehyung, although was getting angry at Ara for not stopping her tears, started to feel concerned for her. He was obsessed with her and loved her a lot. So, it was easy for him to see through her. And he knew that this time, her condition was worsening. At the back of his mind, he knew that one day, she would learn about his dirty secret. And he knew that when this happened, he would lose her forever. Her heart and her soul would not belong to him anymore.

Not knowing what to do, he just left her alone as she wept silently. Ara continued to cry and lay down on her bed.

'Why was I such an idiot? How could I fall in love with the one who killed my Sam', she blamed herself in her thoughts and cried harder.

'I am the reason for Sam's death. If we were not together in the first place, maybe Taehyung would have never killed him. All those coincidences that led me to him were fully planned moves. Why could I not see those? Despite knowing all about dark psychology and manipulation tactics, why could I never have a bad feeling about Taehyung and our meetings? Why did I never question anything about him? How could I be so dumb', she thought as she cried to sleep.

'You were not dumb, Ara. You could not have a bad feeling about me, because I had fallen for you too. My feelings were pure for you, although a bit twisted. I wish I could tell you the whole story, but I can't let you know all of it. At least, not for now', Taehyung thought as he watched the night sky while standing out in the garden.

"Sir, you called for me", asked a young man, in his late twenties.

Taehyung turned around and nodded.

"Yes, Jungkook. I have a special task for you", Taehyung said, his eyes turning cold again.