Chapter 24: A Forgotten Recollection Part 2(Incomplete)

"Speak. What did you know?"

"...I'm sorry, young master. This is all my fault."

"..."

***

Four years ago, in the month of July.

The sun shone brightly in summer, a season where people went out for vacation. Thirteen years old Bronte decided to spend his holiday at his family's villa on the mountain.

He went there alone with his two close servants; his nanny and his personal butler. Those two had been with him since birth and had been taking care of him.

"Come and catch me, you loser!"

"Well then, don't mind if I do so."

The young kid who was already one step away from being a teenager fled vigorously in the meadow. The long grasses parted as he passed by. He tried to run as fast as he could, but before long, two firm arms caught him on both his sides.

"Caught you! Who's the loser now I wonder?"

"H-hey, let me go! It's tickling!"

"Not so easy! Now take your punishment for granted!"

As the older man continued to tickle him, he screamed as the two rolled on the grass.

"Toby! Didn't I tell you not to be too excessive?" A polar bear in a maid uniform complained in the middle organizing the meal and snacks on the picnic blanket. "Ah, now look at what you have done. Our young master's clothes now are in a mess."

"Now, now, Mari. Don't be too nagging." A black stallion in a butler suit swep the dirt on his clothes while laughing. "It's normal for a boy at his age to move a lot. He needs to be allowed to do what he wants to burn off that excessive energy, and I'm just trying to help him."

"This is exactly why young master always get into trouble." Running toward her young master, she shook her head in disapproval while trying to fix the youth's clothes. "How many times have I repeated it? You should stop teaching weird stuff to him."

"Bleep. Mari is too strict." The young bear added while sticking his tounge out.

"This is all for your own good, young master. Now sit down here and take your lunch. You too, Tobi."

""Yes...""

The two males sat on the picnic blanket with food in the middle. Minutes later, they ate with enthusiasm.

The butler picked a sandwich in front of the young bear and stuffed it in his mouth. "Mmmm, as expected of Mari cooking. It's delicious."

"Toby, don't pluck the food in front of young master like that! It's inappropriate!"

"Come on, Mari. No one is here except us. Besides, young master does not mind it either, right?"

"If it's Toby, then I don't mind. Because we are buddies."

The caballus and arctos do a fist-bump with a mouth full of food. Seeing it, the nanny just sighed in defeat. "Young master, why do you always agree with whatever he says?"

"Because Toby is cool. I want to be like him someday."

"Hahaha, well said young master." The butler laughed as the nanny sent him a glare.

"Young master, you're already in eighth grade. You're not a child anymore, so you have to be able to separate what's right and what's wrong." She took a handkerchief and wiped the sauce on the corner of the youth's mouth. "It hasn't been long since you went missing with your friend before. Do you know how worried we were? Your father won't be happy if you keep making trouble like that."