Chapter 2: Dream Come True

I stared blankly at my reflection in front of the mirror. A pair of dog eyes stared back at me.

Dumbfounded, I touched my snout, ears, cheeks, and neck. The fluffy feeling I felt on my hand was so real.

Oh my God, I couldn't believe it! I became a furry! It was like my dream had finally come true!

Okay, I knew I liked furries and I would kill to meet one, but I never thought about becoming one.

Based on my appearance, I think my race was a mix of bohemian shepherd. With long black-tan fur and this facial appearance, there was no mistaking it. There was just a big gray spot on my right ear and eye which I consider rare for this breed. I never saw one with a spot, so this one must be a mix, but that was not important right now.

I grabbed my tail, which had been wagging wildly since earlier. It was long, and also fluffy. It felt so weird and alien, like having an extra limb. I wonder if I could bite it like normal dogs usually do.

Suddenly I heard something fall to the floor. I turned around and found another bohemian shepherd was standing at the entrance. She looked at me with a shock as a basin with other things that I suspect to be bathing equipment scattered on the floor.

"Kevin, you..." She gasped while covering her mouth. A second later she ran towards me and hugged me. "Finally, you're awake!"

She suddenly burst into tears. I just stood there in a daze as I didn't understand what was going on.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. If only I listened to you. If only I cared about you. I'm sorry..." She continued to cry while mumbling something. I didn't know what was going on, but I hugged her back anyway. I stroked her head as I felt the long thick fur on my hand. The dog in my workplace always ran towards me like this, so perhaps it already became a habit of mine.

After a while, she finally calmed herself and let me go. As she wiped her tears, She put her hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"So much time has passed. I thought I would lose you forever." Her words sounded sincere. "I'm so glad that you finally woke up."

"Yes, me too."

I answered her,

"And by the way,"

and asked her with an innocent smile.

"Who are you?"

Her relief smile suddenly disappeared.

***

"It seems like he's got amnesia."

A birdman doctor was writing on his board as he explained to the woman. She glanced at me with worried looks while I was busy examining every part of my body on the bed.

"Amnesia? You mean memory loss?"

"Exactly. The shock he got must have affected his brain in a way that resulted in him losing his memory." The doctor adjusted his glasses. "It is best for him to wait until he regains his memory by himself."

"I see. Thank you, doctor."

The doctor looked at me with a smile, which made me stop what I was doing.

"Is there any part of your body that feels hurt?"

"Nope, I'm completely fine," I answered casually as I crossed my legs with a wide smile.

"That is good. Free to tell if there is something uncomfortable." The doctor excused himself as he left the room, leaving the two of us in this room.