Chapter 12: The Rascal

"Come on, just a little more..."

Bronte was desperate to keep his car in the first position. It seemed he put his all into this game.

"Come on come on come on..."

I kinda felt sorry seeing him like this, but I was not planning to lose here. At the last moment, I activated the boost I had stocked for this moment and went through the finish line.

[GAME OVER]

[#1][KpAw]

[#2][brontepa48]

[#3][.........]

The new-looking tv screen showed the list of the players. As always, I got first place while Bronte got second place.

"F*CK!!! How did I lose again!!?"

Like before, he threw his controller angrily, but this time onto the couch beside us. Seriously, he really didn't know how to take care of his belongings.

"Don't be like that Browny, this is just a game. There is always someone who wins and who loses."

He threw himself on the couch while grumbling. "...It's because my controller is broken..."

"What's with that lame excuse? Are you an elementary schooler? Isn't it your own fault that it became broken? And for your information, I think my controller is more defective than yours."

I was not lying. The buttons on the right side were kinda loose and there is a crack on the edge. This console must be the one he threw to the tv screen before. What a waste.

"Of course, It also depends on individual personal skill. To be honest, I am more familiar playing with a mouse and keyboard on a pc than a ps console. I rarely use a D-pad, so this thing is kinda hard to use."

He looked at me with a clear annoyance. "You know that you're being a dick, right?"

"Well, I could say the same thing to you," I replied to him with a small smile.

"But still, as you can expect from a rich kid, your room sure looks like a castle." I threw myself on his bed and rolled around. It was so big that it could fit a dozen of me. The mattress felt like something you would find in a five-star hotel.

"A king-size spring-bed, a personal two-door refrigerator, a big screen HD TV, a high-spec gaming computer, personal gym equipment, etc; all of man's fantasy can be found here. You basically have everything that our peers want."

He was still lying on the couch, staring up blankly before answering in an unmotivated tone. "Not everything."

"Oh yeah? And why is that?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Why not? It's normal for the master to be curious about his pet's concerns, right?

"Shut up, creep. It has nothing to do with you." He turned his back on me before murmuring. "Like you can understand in the first place."

"Oh Browny, you're such a grumpy kid."

As I laid down with my back, I looked at the ceiling where there was an expensive-looking crystal lamp hanging on a golden chain.

"Are you that upset that I dragged you into joining our study group at school?"

"Yeah, now f*ck off."

"But Browny, I'm doing all of this for you. You also need this if you want to fix your grades."

"I don't care about my grades."

"And this is why you can't get anything."

"What?"