Chapter 10: The Teacher From Hell

"Good News folks! student council gods just announced a post-final treat for students at IBSA. We may now be expecting a rock concert happening on campus as soon as this semester ends. Whose concert, you ask? Well, they wanted to book Iggy Azalea, but The General nixed that plan. Naturally the second choice would revolve around Strings or Noori (Whoever comes cheaper)..." --Nitty Gritty (issue 675, Dec '15)

I was taking an International Relations class with Dr. Munshi when I finally got my rescheduled appointment text from the TA. This class happens to be one of my favorites, because the teacher is...unconventional. He swears like it's a part of punctuation or something. Occasionally, he'd arrive slightly intoxicated, and then the class would just become even more entertaining. He is brilliant when it comes to relating theories with the practical world, but he also scares me just a little bit, with his bouts of unfiltered opinions. He usually doesn't care if we sleep, eat, text or dance in class, as long as we don't make a sound.

"So to sum up the Russian oil crises....*jabs at a map of Russia on the projector* Country Ass over here, screwed up *Jabs at Ukraine* Country Shit's economy." He glares at the quiet students, scribbling down notes, before randomly pointing at a skinny-looking nerd. "You. Have you screwed anyone over in your life?'

The poor kid looked ready to cry at this. I wince in sympathy.

"N-no." he whispers, looking into his notes.

Munshi sighs audibly at this. "Why are you guys such fuc*ing losers? hmm? No life experiences at all. Never screwed anyone over, never been screwed over before, still living with parents, still afraid to grab life by the horns..."

Somewhere in the middle of his life-altering speech, Justin Timberlake's Sexy back started ringing from someone's phone.

"I'm bringing sexy back
Them other boys don't know how to act...

The class began snickering uncontrollably, I hid my smile. Oh, God. How embarrassing. I thought to myself. People were leaning across aisles, trying to figure out who the unfortunate idiot was. Munshi ignored the interruption, choosing to switch back to the Russian oil crises, although he looked annoyed.

...I think you're special, what's behind your back?...

Munshi was now shooting death glares to random people. A girl behind me started jabbing my back at that moment. I peeked behind me to find her gesturing violently at my bag. Something was glowing and vibrating inside the front pocket. My phone.

Holy crap. I yanked my phone case free of the pocket, but it snagged on the buckle. Munshi raised an eye over my sudden distress, eyebrows narrowed, under his shaved head.

Take it to the bridge!

"No. No! Do not take it to the bridge!" I moaned softly to myself.

...You see these shackles Baby I'm your slave...

The class broke into fresh laughs, and the teacher threw his board marker at the opposing wall, in anger.

...I'll let you whip me if I misbehave,

it's just that no one makes me feel this way

Mercifully, the phone came loose, and I muted it with trembling fingers. I looked up to find Munshi's glaring face inches away from my own.

"You. OUT! NOW!" He yelled.