Ch.5

It had been three days since she was dosed with a mild version of her 'medicine'. And Dr. Crane made no appearance. She was no longer hungry, but feeling as if she was losing her mind.

"You mean both of us losing it."

"That's what I meant." Julia said in annoyance.

"No you didn't." Ragdoll replied smugly.

She ignored that last remark. She just couldn't deal with much right now.

As if on cue, sirens blared throughout Arkham. And her door opened. Ragdoll and her sat still, stunned.

"Do you think..." Julia said faintly.

"Yes!" Ragdoll crowed.

"But do you think it's safe?"

"Anywhere is safer than here."

Julia agreed and struggled to get to her feet, feeling lightheadedness from starvation. But she managed step by step to get out of the room.

"Find the stairs." Ragdoll hissed.

"Don't you think that's what I'm doing?"

"Then hurry up! We don't want to get caught."

She walked as far as the end of the hall, before she realized she was far to weak to escape. Her head pounded like a drum.

"I-I can't..."

With that, she collapsed on the ground. She couldn't move.

"Help." she whispered.

"Let me take over Julia."

"No! I know what will happen if I do."

"We have no choice! Just let me have control." longing was clearly in Ragdoll's voice.

"No killing." Julia said in defeat.

"Fine." Ragdoll whined. "Now relax."

She did, and everything faded to black.

...

Jonathan rushed to the Julia's cell, as soon as the sirens went off. It was probably another escape attempt by the Joker.

But as soon as he got there, he noticed the door was open. Everything was too quiet.

"No. No." he muttered.

But it was confirmed she was gone, as soon as he looked in the cell. She had done the most logical thing in her position. But that didn't make things any easier for him.

Jonathan ran one hand through his hair in frustration. He needed to find her. And he also couldn't afford to risk looking for her right now as Arkham plunged into chaos. Unless he wasn't Dr. Crane. Or at least didn't look like him.

Jonathan took a deep breath. He really only had one option. Taking off his glasses, he opened the briefcase he had brought with him. He pulled out the mask, stroking the burlap. So many painful memories started with the mask...

And tonight he would inflict pain on all of Arkham's patients. Until everyone screamed with fear. This would be his biggest experiment yet, and if it went successfully, maybe he'd get an idea to do something like this in the future. Going from a small time criminal to one of the biggest.

And hopefully he would find Julia in the process. Jonathan could not afford to let her escape with everything she knew.