Chapter 4

Percy's POV
It was sound of people honking their cars that woke me up. I sat up, still feeling tired, as I wiped my drool away. I rubbed my heavy eyes then stretched my arms. I wondered what was making all that noise. Its usually not that noisy around my area. I guess some kind of accident must have happened.

I glanced to my right and saw Danny still in very deep sleep despite all the honking and yelling. I got out of bed and carefully maneuvered around Danny without tripping. I headed into the bathroom to clean myself up. As usual, the water is at a perfect temperature and it helps keep me energized.

After that was done I headed into the kitchen. There wasn't much to eat so I just ate a bowl of Lucky Charms. I sat there in silence think of how I'm going to be leaving for camp tomorrow. I was gonna see all my friends, Grover, Tyson and, of course, Annabeth. But where would Danny go if I left. I'm sure mom would want to let him stay here but he might not feel comfortable living here for a long time. I wish I could take Danny to camp with me but unfortunately I can't. Grover and Tyson would love to meet him. Annabeth on the other hand would find him interesting that he likes stars and stuff like that.

I heard sound from my room and shifted my attention to it. Danny was walking to the bathroom in a hunched and lazy way. "Morning bed head." I said to him with a smirk. Danny didn't have any emotion on his face. He simply touched his hair and closed the door to the bathroom.

Moments later Danny came out of the bathroom as he used a towel to dry his hair. "Get something to eat." I called. "We'll be going out soon."

He looked at me curiously confused. "Where are we going?" He asked

"Just a walk around the town."

After Danny ate, we left the building. I showed Danny my school, stopped by where my mom worked and then to town. I could tell Danny was scanning the area. He asked why there was so much construction work going on. I hesitated to answer him. After the Battle of Manhattan, everything almost turned to dust but thanks to the mist the mortals only saw the battle as an earthquake but that's what I heard from rumors and news.

"It was because of the... Uhh, earthquake not too long ago. I don't know if you've heard about it but it must have been on the news." I glanced at him but I knew from his expression he wasn't convinced.

"Yeah, I remember the earthquake." He said, nodding his head slightly. "But I honestly think that wasn't just a normal earthquake. It seemed more violent than an earthquake. If you know what I mean." He added.

I have to agree with him. It was violent in that battle. A lot of our campers were injured and some were even dead. Thanks to my grandfather, lots of lives were sacrificed for the sake of the world. But ever since that war, the gods seem to have come to their senses and not neglect their children like they did before.

We walked out of the ice cream shop and we ate our ice cream as we walked. Danny got mint chocolate chip while I got vanilla blue. We would often walk into some shops just to browse. Danny would pick one or two things for his family and friends as souvenirs. We talked bout our friends and what we would usually do. "How crazy is your friend about tech again?" I had to ask because it was a shock to me that someone could own a lot of electronics. "He is beyond crazy. Trust me, if anyone lays a finger on his tech he will bite you." Danny chuckled.

"How can you have friends that are so different from you?" I asked "No offense but I mean, one is a meat lover and one is against meat." I quickly added. Danny sighed "I don't know. I guess its our differences that keeps our friendship strong." A tiny smile formed on his face.

Out of nowhere, there was a huge explosion. Both Danny and I stopped in our tracks and turned our heads towards the sound. "What was that?" Danny yelled over the sound of screaming people. "I don't know but I think someone (or something) is up to no good." I yelled back.