Chapter 17

Danny's POV
I really wish Cujo was here with me right now because it would be suitable for him to fight this... I still don't understand what this is. But apparently it has a name.

Dr. Thorn?

I can't believe this thing is a doctor.

"Hey so what's can we do with this? I'm not excited about fighting after I just ate." I called out to Percy.

His eyes were locked in the gaze of Thorn. Percy said he defeated him before but how is he back?

It snarled at us and roared.

I signal Percy and told him, "Let's get this over with. Quickly please."

Just as I was about to lift Percy and help him mount the thing for a clearer aim. It spoke.

"I came here hoping to find one demigod but here I sense 3." Thorn growled.

Percy furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at me to which I replied with a shrug.

"What do you mean three?" Percy questioned.

"One son of the dead and two son of the seas."

We both gasped.

"Son of the seas has been here for quite some time. Lots have tried to find him but none succeeded. Until now." Thorn added and pounced at us.

"Woah!" I yelled as I dodged the attack. "Looks like my plan is still going to happen."

I picked Percy up which caught him off guard and dropped him on Thorn.

"This is the second time I'll be turning you to dust." Percy said and slammed his pen sword into Thorn.

He let out a horrific screech and turned to gold dust.

Caught Percy before he hit the ground hard and placed him on the ground gently.

He thanked me and went into thinking mode.

Looking at him while he's thinking and he actually looked like Annabeth while she's thinking. I wonder if they realize they do the same thing.

I transformed back and sighed. "Guess we're on the right track huh?"

Percy smiled. "I'm sure glad we are. I gotta say I'm proud of us."

"Right? We can do it just as well as others can." I added confidently. "But where do we go next? Do you remember the prophecy?"

Percy chuckled nervously. "Uhh, I don't really remember because of everything going on."

"It's alright, me too." I pat his shoulder and gave him a knowing smile. "It'll come to mind soon."

"Do you think you could give us a boost?" Percy's eyes darted to the skies. "Since we did Zeus and offer, he won't smite me– I mean us, while we're up there."

I narrowed my eyes at him and sighed. "Couldn't you have asked that before I transformed back?"

He gave me a nudge and chuckled.

Rolling my eyes I transformed into Phantom again and lifted us both to the air. At least we can see where we're at and we won't get smited.

Percy started wriggling like a hamster and pointed at an abandoned building. "Danny, there look! Something seems to be glowing there!"

"Probably some teenagers or homeless people?" I said, because it is abandoned so I wouldn't be all to surprised.

Percy shook his head and looked up at me, "let's just check it out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upon arriving just outside of the abandoned building, we snuck our way in without alerting anyone there.

As soon as we were inside, there it was. A camp fire, but no one was around it. Everything was swept clean too. 

"What'd I say." Percy nudged me.

Percy may be right but that's really rare. Although it looks a little way too clean.

I felt my eyelids getting heavy, I felt drowsy too.

"Percy, I think fighting made me a little tir–"

Before I finished, I glanced over to Percy who was already on the ground.

"Perc–"

Darkness surrounded me as I heard muffled voices.

~~~~~~~~~~
A sensation of stinging was on both side of my cheeks. I groaned as my head still felt like it would cost millions.

"Wake up!" A voice echoed before another slap landed on my left cheek.

When I finally knew my situation, I immediately tried to phase myself through my restraints but it didn't work. Only my blindfold fell onto the ground.

I was stuck on the floor faced down. My eyes traveled to my right and saw Percy still passed out. His cheeks also red almost to the point of blood was going to draw.

We were still in the building, that im sure about. But for those around us, I don't know any of them. They seem to be regular people or some kind of street gang.

I tried to sit up and speak.

"We didn't mean to trespass–" another hard slap landed on my cheek which caused me to fall back hard on the floor. I started coughing and I then felt a sharp pain through my stomach.

One of them, a tall and quite large guy with broad shoulders went over to Percy and kicked him in the stomach repeatedly until he woke up.

"STOP THAT!" I yelled which earned me a beating of my own but I tolerated it and kept yelling for them to stop.

Percy finally woke up, eyes wide in pain and terror. "D-Danny–" his voice hoarse. His eyes darted around and back at me.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" He screamed at the guy who had just kicked him half to death.

Footsteps then echoed throughout the room along with a laugh you'd wish you wouldn't hear at all.

"I was hoping for someone else." The voice was low but it echoed throughout the wide building.

Percy struggled but fought the pain to look around for whoever was responsible for this. "Who are you?!" Percy screamed.

The voice laughed again, "You wouldn't even know who I am even if I told you."

I was running out of patience myself and screamed, "Show yourself you coward!"

"I assume you're who they call, Danny Phantom."

I glared at all the empty spaces I think he might be in.

"I've heard things about you." He added, his footsteps started again and it sounded like they were circling around us. "Acquaintances around were the ones that gave me those special chains so you won't use your powers on them."

I glanced at the chains and they were made of the same material mom and dad used in their experiments.

"TELL US WHO THE HELL YOU ARE!" I growled.

Each time Percy or I spoke, we will always get a hard beating. I can feel my face going numb, my nose was already bleeding and my ribs may as well have been broken.

Percy wasn't as beaten up as me but it didn't mean he wasn't suffering just as much.

His left eye already started to look blue and he'd has several cuts from glass on the ground. His head looks swollen and his arm was looking weak.

"What do you want from us?!" Percy asked, weaker now but still as furious. Another slap to the cheek that filled the space with its echo.

Percy and I looked behind us as we heard his footsteps getting closer.

"I want you to help me eliminate some people for me." A smirk and be heard from the way he spoke.

He finally stood in the light.