Heartbreak!

'JASOOOOOOON!,' i shrieked.

But i couldn't hear my voice. Jason didn't hear me. I tried to reach him but my legs were glued to the floor. I had become a statue-unable to move.

I looked at Suzanne in panic. She dropped the hammer!

'NOOOOOOOOOO!,' I cried.

I was helpless-watching the hammer come down, aiming for Jason's head!

The next second, he cried out in pain and fell down hardly. He was completely knocked out or maybe DEAD!

Life came into me and i was able to move again. I ran towards Jason. I bent down,cradling him in my arms. He was covered in blood, his shirt was drained in blood.

I gaped at him in shock.

'No! No! No!,' i wailed. I pressed my hands against my cheeks and repeated my cry 'Noooo!'

'Jason, can you hear me? Jason!'

A wave of panic swept over me. I took out my mobile and dialled Mrs.Drew's number and asked her to come as soon as possible.

I stared at Jason in horror. I was shivering badly. He was lying there-helpless. I wiped most of the blood with the parka and tried my best to stop the blood from oozing out.

'JASON, DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES!'

The smell of blood made my stomach grumble. I felt for his heartbeat. I froze in panic. My eyes bulged out.

No heartbeat!

'Jason, Jason! No! This can't happen.'

Neither did i notice Mrs.Drew nor the ambulance arrive. I was too shocked to grasp what was happening around me.

The two ambulance attendants quickly put Jason on the stretcher and got him into the ambulance. We followed them.

'You will be alright,' i muttered, pressing his hand.

I looked at Mrs.Drew. No tears. Her face showed no emotion. She was in a shock.

One of the attendants placed an oxygen mask over his nostrils and the ambulance sped away. The ambulance halted near a church-which was partially rebuilt into a hospital.

The ambulance attendants quickly rushed Jason to the ICU asking people to give them way. I ans Mrs.Drew were asked to wait outside.

'Please, let me in,' begged Mrs.Drew.

'No mam. You can't,' said the nurse and closed the door after her.

'What happened?,' she asked me, her eyes now filled with tears.

I was speechless. My throat was dry. I was in bad need of water. What should i say?

'What happened?,' she asked again, shaking me.

'Er...Ha_hammer hit his head.'

'How?'

'I d_don't know,' i lied.

She stared at me in anger and sat down on the chair heavily. I felt sorry for her. I was positive that nothing can happen to Jason. He will be fine_absolutely fine. I was waiting for the doctor to come and say 'There is nothing to worry.'

I love him. Nothing can happen to him.

Suddenly, i burst into tears again. It was my fault. I never should've included him in this shit!

Three hours elapsed. We were sitting silently lost in our own thoughts.

Dr.Dick emerged out of the operation theatre. His head was bent down. I crossed my fingers.