Chapter 9

No time skip this time. This chapter starts right after chapter 8. Enjoy!

Selina's POV
My head is spinning. What did I do?! I called Black Mask an idiot, I refused to do the job, I dug my own grave. Now I'm about to tell Bruce the truth because I can't lie to the man I love anymore. Not after he has seen me talking to Mask. I sigh, "Nothing I told you about my family was the truth. My mom was never a drinker and my dad did more things than leave my mom and I." Bruce doesn't say a word and only motions at me to continue speaking. "My dad started working for a gang leader named Black Mask after he lost his job. He was forced to do things that he didn't want to, but it supplied the family with money. One day my mom found out why my dad continuously disappeared and returned with a large amount of money. She yelled at him and kicked him out of the house when I was 8 years old. When I turned 10 dad came back with Mask and the rest of the gang. He told us that he had made a deal with Mask, the Kyle family would serve Black Mask for as long as necessary and in return they would receive as much money as they desired. Mom freaked and began to scream about how stupid my father was. Mask ordered my father to shoot her, he didn't want the cops to hear her screams," I paused as tears ran down my cheeks. That was the day I lost everything.Bruce walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. "You don't have to continue if you don't want to. We could just contact the cops so they can deal with Mask." he whispered into my ear. I shook my head and rubbed the tears away from my cheeks. "Dad did as he was told and he shot her. He didn't even blink as he pulled out his gun and fired. After that Dad took me to live with him and the rest of the gang. They were the ones that taught me how to fight, perform acrobatics, and steal. I had gotten used to life with the gang, they were kind to me when Mask wasn't around. Than one day Mask sent all his men including my father on a mission to retrieve new weapons. They didn't come back. Mask had sent them on a suicide mission. He wasn't worried about losing all his men at all, he replaced them in an instant. That was the day my freedom evaporated. That was the day I became Mask's lackey.He needed someone unpredictable to steal some items. He sent me and I did his bidding knowing that if I didn't prove my worth he would shoot me." I said before looking to Bruce. Bruce faced me and kissed me on my forehead. "What does Black Mask want with me?" he asked.

I began to speak once more, "About 2 months ago Mask tasked me with kidnapping the richest kid in Gotham, Bruce Wayne. He thinks that if he has you he can get your entire fortune. I agreed because he said after I completed this job I would be free to do as I wish. But, if I didn't he would have me killed just like my mom. So, I decided that the easiest way to kidnap you by gaining your trust. But, instead of me kidnapping you, my heart was stolen by Bruce Wayne. The way I feel about you wasn't a lie." Bruce sat silently as if he were trying to decide if there is any truth in my story. "Thank you for telling me the truth Selina. And you did the same with me. You make me feel like I'm not alone in this world," Bruce said leaning in to kiss me. I lean in as well and as our lips meet fireworks explode. After a few minutes we pull away and I frown. "We still need to deal with Mask. He's after the both of us now," I say nervously.

Bruce rubs my arms with his hands, "Hey don't worry about it. Let's just rest tonight. We can talk to the police tomorrow." I nod satisfied with his answer. I stand and move to my bed and Bruce follows. I don't question him as we both lay in my bed and fall asleep.