chapter 30: Cingulomania

Cingulomania

Cingulomania

(n) a strong desire to hold a person in your arms
• • •

I watched Sharon move the table out from in front of the locked door. My eyebrows were stitched together as I thought of what Sharon had told me.

They need to think you're leaving.

My lip began to tremble lightly, but I was snapped back into reality when Sharon put a key in my hands.

"Unlock the door. If I'm the first thing they see they'll be scared out of their minds," he stated with a slight chuckle. "I'll be in the other room."

I nodded towards the large man and unlocked the door that was holding back peculiar children. As soon as the lock clicked, the muffled voices inside the room became silent. Stuffing the key into my pocket, I slowly opened the large doors. As my eyes met my friends, they rushed over to me.

"Are you alright?"

"Where did he go?"

"What happened?"

I put my hands out in front of me to comfort them all, "Everything is okay."

Enoch pushed through the crowd and tugged me into his chest. I hugged his body to mine, pressing my face into his shirt. My heart skipped so many beats I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

As quickly as the hug began, Enoch pulled away just as quickly. He brought his hands to my shoulders, squeezing them, and stared into my eyes.

"Did he hurt you?" he stuttered out.

"N-no. I'm okay," I reassured him, putting my hands up.

Enoch's eyes met my red wrists. Pulling my hands into his own, his brown eyes absorbed every detail of my marked and slightly bruised wrists. The cuffs and rope had made an indent. Enoch dropped my hands as his eyes met Sharon's hood from across the hallway.

"Enoch it's not what-"

Enoch began his stride over to Sharon. His eyes were ablaze, sending a shiver down my spine. Enoch was more furious than I had ever seen.

Running up behind him, I wrapped my arms around his torso in an attempt to restrain him. Enoch grabbed my hands and peeled them off easily, charging towards Sharon once again.

"Enoch stop!"

He kept going.

"Enoch, he's here to help me," I stated quickly.

Enoch stopped in place, turning around to look at me.

"So he's here to help you when he obviously hurt you?! He followed us home! Attacked us!Look at the hall!" Enoch threw his arms in the air.