21. Wild Hunt

I swallowed hard after seeing Scion's situation. They have tied him to a chair around his arms and feet. This isn't what he looks like when he was brought here from that mobile. They punished him more which I wouldn't want to imagine. There's a lot of blood stains around the neck of his shirt coming from his beat up nose, swollen lips, and cuts through his cheeks; eyebrows and some from his scalp. He's soaking with his own blood! I hope none of his body was broken or else...

"I guess, you won't be able to save him. It will be too late for him to be rescued." She grabbed an open gallon of gasoline and threw it in Scion's chamber.

The woman took a lighter from her pocket and tries to light it up.

"No!" To stop her, I pushed her through the wall and jab her face. She fell down and took the nearest weapon that she saw.

"Too late!" She smiled at me. We saw the fire quickly spreading toward the room going to Scion's prison.

"No!"

She swings her bolo in the air trying to reach me. I grabbed a barrel and blew it on her.

"This is too much, lady!" My patience is exhausted that I pulled my pocket knife and struck it to her thigh.

"Aaaargh!" She screamed in pain and holds the part where she's injured.

She pulled her bolo again and I grabbed my dagger hidden in my holster. To end this, I have to end her. The fire will consume the three of us if I wouldn't do anything.

We made a stunt and attacked each other. We go on like that until I held her palm that's holding the bolo, bumped my back to trap her on the wall and struck my dagger to her waist. She fell down on her knees, bleeding, her eyes are painfully staring at me.

I gave a final roundhouse kick to her face, her neck twisted and she dropped dead. 'My dagger.' I pulled my dagger from her waist and clean it with my clothes.

"Mmmm!" I heard Scion screaming that I immediately aided him. The ropes were thick, tightly wrapped around him and it's great that my dagger is sharp enough to cut it.

I let his arms wrap around my shoulder as I assisted him out of the burning cabin. "Urgh! You're too tall and heavy!" Though I complain, he still managed to smile and messes my hair like a long-haired dog. "Stop it!" We both looked like an old guy with his crutch, putting all his weight on me, I feel like I'm going to break.

'Patience, Brazen, you can do this! You have a long way to go, future to reach, goals to follow, family waiting, a new and family of your own!'

'What?!'

'The f**! I haven't yet graduated so please, God, help me and help us. Give me the strength to put us both to safety.

We didn't talk to each other to avoid creating noises. The mountain is blazing on fire.

I managed to defend the two of us from the attackers until I'm out of weapons. The only thing left is my dagger and the weapons I left in different places.

I grabbed the bag of throwing daggers at the tree we passed. I threw it at anyone we see. The crossbow hidden in the bushes will help us enough and I gave it to Scion. "Wait for me here, I'll be getting my weapons from that bush."

Because it is the only hope that we have to stay alive, I'll be risking again, leaving him behind to take the nearest weapon that I left; the bow and arrows which I'm not well of using.

*bang!*

A bullet passed through and nearly hit me and I got lucky I wasn't hurt. That's a good idea! If the gunman will come closer, I'll be able to have the gun! That's it!