Chapter 20: I guess this is where I'm supposed to scream, right?

"Seriously dude you’re like killing my neck with that death-grip you know." I whined at Vincent and he bared his teeth slightly at me.

"Don’t be so dramatic princess, if you would just stop fighting me it wouldn’t hurt so much." Vincent retorted irritated. I tried to shove him away one more time but when that didn’t work I sighed and turned my eyes towards the others again.

The “new” guys had watched the whole thing between Alex, Vincent and me without saying a word but now the tall guy (who had called me “human”) opened his mouth and said sarcastically:

"Well I think we have seen enough haven’t we boys? The human comes with us."

He smiled at me and I shot him a “yes please save me from these lunatics- look”. Anton, Adam and Alex all started to growl darkly at him as soon as the words had left his mouth and the tall guy dropped his smile immediately. Suddenly he started to shake and all eyes turned in his direction. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and thought for myself that maybe he was having a seizure or something.

"Cover Ash’s eyes Vincent, now!" Alex growled, clearly a little panic-stricken. I shook my head violently and struggled against Vincent’s hold even more. “Nobody ain’t gonna cover my eyes that’s for sure.” I thought irritated while Vincent tried, but failed to get a good grip on me.

"Don’t be difficult Ash!" He growled at me but I still refused to hold still. Suddenly everybody grew quiet and tensed and I looked in the same direction as them feeling my eyes grow big.

No, this was impossible! I couldn’t believe my own eyes because where the tall guy had stood only seconds ago now stood a large brown and furry wolf!

I could feel how everybody’s eyes slowly shifted back to me and I could feel them supervising my every reaction. Especially Anton, Adam and Alex looked worried and their eyes never left my chocked face. When I hadn’t done or said anything for almost five minutes Vincent carefully started shaking me trying to get a reaction.

"I guess this is where I’m supposed to scream, right?" I could hear myself saying and I saw how everybody looked at me in disbelief. Alex slowly nodded and I found myself slightly shrugging my shoulders and saying:

"Well sorry to disappoint but I don’t think I have the strength to do that just now…"  Everybody looked even more worried and I tried to smile but my face wouldn’t really cooperate.

"I think I’m in shock." I finally stated when I realized I couldn’t move either. Right then the brown wolf suddenly decided that enough was enough and he started to growl loudly and took a big leap towards Vincent and me.

Guess what I did? I screamed.