Seeing Weston

Song: Hurts like hell by Fleurie

There is so much talk around school today about Weston. I have heard so many different things and don't know what to believe.

During lunch, I go eat in the theater and Mrs. Banks happens to be in there. "Good afternoon Cecilia."

"Good afternoon." I tell her as I sit down and pull out a sandwich from the bag.

"Can I ask you something?" She says as she comes over closer to me and sits down two seats down from me.

"Sure." I say as I take a bite of the sandwich.

"Why do you always come in here to eat? Surely you have a friend or two by now that you could eat with."

"Actually I don't. I mean I'm sure you have heard lots of rumors about me."

"Uhm...no I haven't."

"Oh well then...believe me there are a lot. Besides I like coming here to get away from everything and everyone. So much drama in school. You don't mind that I come in here do you?"

"I don't mind. I just hoped that you would start socializing more with kids your age."

"I hate to tell you Mrs. Banks but I don't like to socialize. I would rather be alone."

"Well being alone all the time can be boring and sad don't ya think?"

"Not to me....besides if I have no friends at all then no one would ask me about my home life or care about me." I finish off the sandwich and open up a bag of chips.

"Well, I'm your friend; everyone needs at least one good friend."

"If you say so." I eat a chip and then hand the bag over to her. "You want one?"

"No thanks, I already ate." She smiles back at me.

I shrug my shoulders and grab another chip.

"So have you heard all the rumors already going around school about Weston?" I ask her.

"I have heard quite a few, don't believe any of them. Kids like to start all kinds of trouble and lies."

"Ya think." I laugh. "So have you heard anything else?"

"Well actually no, but I thought about going by there today after Drama, would you like to go with me?"

I smile ear to ear. "That would be awesome." Then I say. "I mean...it's not like he knows me or anything but it would be nice just to see how he is doing."

After Drama, she drives us to the nursing home. I follow her to his room. I want to run ahead of her but then she would know that I have been here before.

I totally forgot that I met his grandmother already so when I see her in the room I start to panic.

She greets Mrs. Banks first. "So nice to see you come visit Natila." She hugs her then looks over at me. "And Cecilia, I'm glad you came back, Weston will be so excited to see you." She hugs me.

Mrs. Banks looks at me with a puzzled glare but she doesn't say anything.

His grandmother walks over to him, patting him on the arm. "Weston sweetheart, Mrs. Banks and Cecilia are here to see you."

He looks up at us and smiles at Mrs. Banks telling her hi. He looks at me but there is nothing there. I know he has no clue who I am.

We stay for a few minutes and Mrs. Banks looks down at her watch. "I guess we better go. I have to get Cecilia home."

Mrs. Banks gives him a hug. I want to so bad but I don't. I throw my hand out to wave a shy goodbye wave and he smiles.

"It was nice to meet you." He says to me.

"Likewise, hope you get better soon so you can get out of here and back to school and all."

On the way home, Mrs. Banks brings it up. I knew she would. "I don't understand. You said you don't really know him however you been there to see him already haven't you?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Do you care to explain?"

I take a deep breath. There is no reason why I should lie to her so I tell her the truth. "Remember the time I was in the theater talking to myself...well I wasn't really talking to myself. Weston was there with me."

"Cecilia!" She says my name as if I am lying.

"I know you think I am lying but it's the truth. Weston was there. I don't know how to explain it. Anyway he was trying to find his body and we went to the nursing home. That's how I met his grandmother."

"You're saying you seen his spirit?"

"Yes..I know it sounds crazy and it is crazy but it's the truth. It was like he was lost. He was at his house, but it was my house. He has been trying to get back to his body and now he has."

"So what now, Cecilia; what if he doesn't remember you?"

"Then he doesn't. At least he is awake now and not lost any more." I already know that he has no clue who I am, I seen the look on his face.

The car pulls up to the house and I get out. "Thanks for the ride." I watch as she drives away.

That night I can't sleep again another restless night. I keep recalling the way he looked at me. He has no clue who I am. Whatever I had with Weston is gone. It was nice while it lasted. I just don't know if I can get over knowing that he was my only friend.