Moving to the beach

Song: Count on me by Bruno Mars

It takes me forever to pack up my stuff. Nothing like when we use to move around everywhere, back then I only had one suitcase and a few clothes. Now I have oodles of clothes, several suitcases and lots of furniture, including lots of pictures and other things I collected over the past two years. Grammy and Pops helps me pack. At first they were not too excited about me leaving but deep down they know it will probably be best for me. Besides they know Weston will never let anything happen to me.

Weston rents out a moving truck and already has his stuff loaded up, now it's at my house and we try to finish packing before it gets too late in the day. They hook up my Altima to the back of the moving truck. I am riding down to the coast with Weston. It takes what seems like forever to get to the coast and the minute we do I call Grammy to let her know that we made it.

Weston makes me close my eyes until we pull all the way up. He helps me out of the car, of course still has his hands over my eyes. "No cheating now..." He leads me to the very front. "Ok ready..." He moves his hands and there in front of me is our new home.

"Are we going to be able to afford this?"

"Don't worry the house is paid for already, so we just have to pay for the basic stuff."

"Paid for, how?"

"Well my parents had a life insurance policy; my grandparent helped me get everything in order and so anyway the house is paid off."

We walk into the house together and look around. He shows me around. Looks like no one has lived here in a while. I love that the kitchen and living room they both have lots of windows, so we can see an awesome view of the ocean. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is also a bonus room upstairs.

"So what do you think?" he comes up behind me, putting his arms around my waist. I lean back into him.

"I love it...needs a little bit of work, but I love it." I turn my head to look back towards him, so that our lips touch.

"We have all the time in the world to fix it up."

"What about college...work..."

"Hey we got this. College starts in two months. I already have a job. You can look when you have time in the next week or so. For now let's just enjoy this."

I huff, "But we have to unload the truck."

"Let the movers do it...come on I want to show you the beach." He grabs my hand pulling me outside. There is a nice deck and then steps that lead down to the sandy beach.

"Well...what do you think?"

"I think I died and gone to heaven. I can't believe we are going to be living here. I love it." I jump up wrapping my arms and legs around his body. His hand holds me up by my bottom.

"I'm so happy you love it. It took me awhile to find the right place...when I saw this place I knew it was the one."

"It's what I have always hoped for."

He puts me down and we walk along the coast, water rushes up then back into the vast ocean. I see the cottage from here and I am in awe...I can't believe it is ours.

Our first night in the house is awkward. It's our first night alone. We eat on the back deck. He finds a blanket and lays it out while I go into the kitchen to fix sandwiches. I grab a bag of chips from the counter and head outside to meet him.

The sky is so clear tonight and we lay back to gaze at the stars. A star falls. "Hey look there goes a shooting star." I point to it in the sky. I look at him and ask, "Did you make a wish?"

"It's already came true." He rolls over to look at me. "I have you."

I roll my eyes and laugh. He always says that's all he needs is me, only me, nothing more. "It's getting late we should go to bed."

I have never shared a bed with anyone...well Grammy but with a boy, nope never. I'm in the bathroom trying to figure out what I should wear to bed. Do I sleep in my undies, or just a shirt? I decide to wear a t-shirt with a pair of shorts. Guess that will be ok.

When I open the door and go into the bedroom he is already in bed and he is watching me enter the room. A smile forms on his face. I get this tingling feeling all over me. I walk over and climb in the bed, pulling the covers over my legs.

We look at each other and smile. I mean here we are all alone, just the two of us. He leans over to kiss me and before I know it we are lying all the way down in the bed and he is on top of me. His tongue finds his way inside of my mouth and my tongue plays with his. I feel like I'm going to panic. He pulls away from me and stares into my eyes. It's like he can read my mind.

"We don't have to do anything you know." He whispers.

"Weston I love you. I love you more than anything in the world...I just don't know if I'm ready yet.

He smiles at me and then kisses me softly. "Its ok babe we have the rest of our lives to be with each other."

He rolls off of me and then pulls me into him. I lay my head in the crook of his arm and then after a few minutes I move to his chest. I fall asleep listening to the sound of his heart beating...and I dream of us.