Jace

I walked out confidently for once. I was going to win his trust, and then leave the first opportunity I got. I went downstairs and froze when I saw him. Jace. I went to head back up when he attempted a conversation. "I'm really sorry, Jenna. I thought you were like the others, but you're not." I turned around. "The others?" His eyes widened and he averted his eyes to the floor. "It's nothing. I'm just really sorry. I won't hurt you again unless told otherwise. I do have to follow orders." I just stared at him. "Where's Nick?" Jase smiled. "He's at work. He told me to keep an eye on you and make sure you didn't run away again." I rolled my eyes. "Seriously? Trust me, if I could, I would. I want to go home. I hate this place!"
    In reality, it wasn't that bad. Seems like I could get anything I wanted by just thinking it. Too bad nick and Jase had to be crazy lunatics that kidnapped people. What did he mean by the others? I was at that point terrified. Were other girls being kept here? Was he going to kill me? Sell me? So many thought of what was gonna happen to me set it. What if I go against him and he kills me?
    What if I don't fall for him, and he does something horrible to me? The more I thought, the more I realized how easily I could screw this up. "Jenna? You ok?" Jase brought me out of my thoughts. "Yeah, I'm ok. When will he be back?" "Probably an hour. He didn't plan on being gone long."
   I did not know whether to stay or go back to my room. I was starving, but didn't want to say anything. I knew o needed my strength if I was gonna escape. "I'm hungry."
   I sat down at the dark wooden kitchen table. Jase began fixing me a mozzarella grilled cheese with garlic butter. "I think you'll love it here once you get used to us. I won't be around as much once you get comfortable. You seem like a really sweet girl though. Even though he's told me everything already about you, I see now why he chose you. You're absolutely beautiful, sassy, and you don't care to say exactly how you feel." I blushed a little, but quickly put myself together.
    "Those were really sweet and true things you said, Jase." I heard Nick say gritting his teeth. Jase nearly dropped my grilled cheese on me as we both were startled. "Love, were you hungry? I'm so sorry about not feeding you! I had so many things going through my mind." I smiled and began eating. Fake it til you make it. "You look amazing, Jenna." Nick sat down beside me. He was admiring every inch of me.
   I didn't say anything. "Thank you, Jase. Let me wash my plate." Nick quickly grabbed the plate before Jase could. "I'll wash it. There's no need in such a beautiful young lady doing such things." Jase gave him a dirty look behind his back. My eyes widened and I smiled huge. There were in a competition. Jase was not supposed to fall for me, but now the both of them were.
   Things were starting to work out in my favor. I could play them against each other. I could only hope that Jace's loyalty would weaken over time. Jace. Time to play the game.