Luck

I was unable to move. The same man who assisted in kidnapping me had proposed to me? He had the nerve to act like he had saved me. First thing I remembered was Jace knocking me out in the woods and I remembered everything. Every little detail.
             "Please. Please forgive me, love." I could not move. I had fell for his trap. Well, now it's his turn. "I....I don't know that I can. I asked for my space and you get mad cause I reacted after warning you? How is that love?" My tears were now fake, making sure he believed every word that was coming out of my mouth.
          He put his arms around me. "It'll never happen again. I promise." Jace tried to sound sincere. Damn right it won't happen again. I'm getting out of here as soon as I get to my phone. Dumbass thought since I couldn't remember anything that he could trust me with a phone. Ha. Jokes on him this time. "O-okay." I stuttered.
"I love you." He said, so sweetly, as he kissed my forehead. "I promise to treat you like the princess, and maybe someday queen you truly are." Like hell. "I just need time, please." Jace sighed before releasing me and then held eye contact with me. "I understand. You can't remember. I shouldn't have gotten upset. I'm sorry."
With that he left me alone. I sat on the bed, wanting to cry. Wanting to scream, but I knew Jace would know if I began acting up. I began thinking of Nick.
       Did Jace kill him? He said he didn't but he wouldn't bother us again. So, he's not dead? This whole shit storm could have been avoided if I would have never talked to him. When I get out of this, I'm never being nice to a stranger again. Forget that.
        My phone! Where was it? I jumped up and began looking for it. I'm pretty sure I left it in the bathroom when I went to get ready. I quietly opened the door and went into the bathroom. I noticed Jace looked angry and worried, maybe? He was focused on his phone and did not notice me go to the bathroom.
        "What do you mean?!" I heard Jace yell. I tried to listen while looking for my phone. It wasn't there. I know I left it here! Panic began setting in. No. No. No. He knows that I know. Shit. What am I gonna do now?
          "Figure it out! I don't want him near here! I'll kill you myself if it happens!" There was a roar through the house followed by loud pounding. Jace was pissed and I was without a way to call for help. Just my luck. "Jenna? I'm gonna go outside for a few. I'll be back." I could feel my heart racing in my chest. "Okay. Where's my phone in case I need to reach you?"
          Silence. "Jace?" Nothing. "Jace?!" Did something happen? "You don't need it. I won't be far away. There's a walkie in the living room if you need me. I just need some fresh air." Of course, he needs space and he gets it, but when I want it, I get slapped. "Ok."
           As I heard the door shut, I looked in the mirror. A mans handprint was planted clear across my left cheek. Tears began forming and I could not stop them. What did I do to deserve this? I remember reading books and watching shows about his stuff, but I never would have guessed it would have happened to me.
I decided to get a snack and make a plan. A plan to escape. He will have to let go with him at some point, right? Jace can't just keep me here forever and not think I won't get suspicious. I grabbed some chips and a diet soda and sat down on the couch. It was roughly around 9 at night now, and I've just now realized there was a tv in the living room. I grabbed the remote and decided to find something to watch.
          I watched Pretty Little Liars until the episode went off. I flipped through the channels and my mouth instantly dropped. I froze at what I saw.
           "No new information has been discovered in the disappearance of Jenna Harp. Jenna has been missing for five months now. It's almost as if the young girl vanished into thin air. Jenna has no known family, but is very well loved by those around her."
        My heart stopped when I seen my best friend. "Jenna, if you see this, just know I will never stop looking for you until your home safe. I love you. Please, if someone has her, don't harm her."
         Tears formed in my eyes as the news anchor returned to the screen. Poor Alex. I miss him so much. He looked like he hadn't slept in awhile now.
"If you have any information regarding Jenna Harp, please reach out at..."
            The door slammed. I turned to see Jace. Wide eyed and I was doing the same. I was caught and now he knew that I knew. If something could go right for me and stay that way, it would be really appreciated right now.
             "Jenna..." I knew at this moment that everything was going to go from bad to worse.