How Do You Really Feel?

Hey guys!

Go re read the last chapter so your brain is refreshed on what's going on. Sorry I haven't updated, I keep making plans to do so but things happen. So glad that I was able to get a chapter in for whoever is still reading.

Here's a few things:

I've decided to keep Carter's eyes changing both colors green and brown. You'll find out why in this chapter.

Also I know it bothers some of you when I make spelling errors. Keep in mind that I work hard to update and I do not always have time to go back to edit. Correcting me every single time you spot an error isn't the purpose of you reading, you're reading to enjoy the stories I create, that's it. I know I have errors on almost every chapter I write because I am always busy and I hurry to post the chapters because I know some of you are always on your toes waiting for an update.
Thanks for understanding.
Enjoy loves 😘

_____________________

"Daniel never told me you were rich."

Riding with the windows down while a cool breeze ran through the car I stared in awe at the biggest mansion I have ever seen coming into view. Carter drove in the driveway calmly, looking at his house like it wasn't that nice.
"it's not something I care  to spread around." Carter shrugged and momentarily looked at me. I wondered why He acted so smug and cocky about everything else, why wouldn't he wanna brag that he lived in a freaking palace?

"You know you're the first girl to see my house?"

I burst out laughing as he finished parking in the front of the house and stared at me. That was one of the most lamest, most original lies of all times.

I saw as the Light creases on his forehead deepened. He looked offended. He also looked like he was serious.

I pressed my lips together clearing my throat.
"Sorry but that's one of the funniest lies you've told me yet." I tilted my head to the side while we looked at eachother. "You know you are transparent to me,
I don't know why you keep trying to run games."
I rolled my eyes.

His jaw suddenly tightened showing me he was really really serious, and suddenly really mad.
He then laughed, not a 'what you said was funny laugh.' But a mean, angry laugh.

"Half the things you think about me are wrong. You see what I allow you to. If you'd take the time to hear the things that I say to you, or get to know the real me you wouldn't be saying what you just said." He sneered and slammed the car door as he exited.

Whoa. Hot head much. I watched on confusingly as he made his way up the long steps that lead to his beautifully cream colored mansion. He left the door slightly opened once he unlocked it for me to come in. I knew I was in for a interesting night. I also just realized Melissa was far from my mind at this point, and Carter was all in it.

Just great.

I made my way out of the car and into Carters house. The wallpaper of the mansion was a deep yellow color decorated with paintings and shiny chandeliers decorating the ceiling.

"In here." Carter announced from whichever room he was in. I followed down the hall to where I suspected his voice came from. I found him in a nice sized room that was basically a mini library. Stacks and stacks of book on shelves, a desk and black office chair that set behind it. The room wasn't dusty or anything that I would expect it to be it was a nice comfy room, it looked as if he used it a lot. He even had a candle on the desk that I couldn't take my eyes off.
"Don't tell me this is your office?" I sat the opposite end of him at the desk while he took his books out of his book bag. "It's mine." He replied and sat down. c
"It's my moms candle though, she always puts one in here once a month, she says I'm always uptight and apparently this chamomile calming candle will help." He added sarcastically which made me laugh lightly and I smiled. "That's nice of her."

Momentarily our eyes connected when I said that. He pressed his lips together as his gaze stayed on me. His green eyes glistening.

"Answer me something." He stated. "Why did I find you outside crying? Walking the opposite way of your house.?" He leaned back a little in his chair clasping his hands together waiting for my reply.

I raised my eyebrow and rolled my eyes thinking of why I was crying, no way in hell was I telling him. I'm just gonna play like him.
"Answer me something."

I leaned back against my chair and folded my arms.
"Do you wear contacts because the other day your eyes were brown and right now they're a beautiful...glistening green color." My words stretched out as I looked into his eyes. I made sure not to say the beautiful part out loud.

Did I just call his eyes beautiful? Jesus Chris.

"Mood changes." He answered almost immediately. My face mirrored shock at his explanation. I've never heard of that ever.  "What kind of moods?"

Carter leaned forward and shook his head.
"I answered your question now answer mine."

A laugh escaped from my lips almost instantly.
"Does it always have to be a game."

Again our eyes locked again. He Didn't smile back though, he was serious as ever as he leaned forward never looking anywhere else.

"I want to know why you were crying Elana."
His seriousness boomed with urgency.

Did he really care about me crying ?

I was about to find out.

"Melissa and I aren't friends anymore. She ended our friendship today and I'm pretty sure it didn't bother her the least bit to kick me out of her life."
I sighed not daring to cry in front of him. The thought of what happened just made me really sad.

"Well she's obviously not a real friend then, anyone who can leave you hanging like that so easily was just looking for a reason to. You deserve better Lana, and you will get it."

Again, shock coursed through my body as I looked at him. He said this so easily, words like that never came out of his mouth before. Well as far as I heard. He and the rest of the brothers only used words like:
Pussy, fuck, bro etc. You get me ? Nothing that was intelligent like that.

"Shall we get started?" I looked up and Carter was gathering everything we needed. "Yeah, and thanks." I smiled. "That was very nice of you to say."

Shit the smile was still on my face. Carter smirked back at me and said nothing else. Wow was this gonna be hard or what? I hope he didn't think I was beginning to like him.. because Um hell to the No. I think.

______________

Holy shit hey guys!

Where have I been! I know I know !
My family has been making it very very obvious that I need to keep up with wattpad they know how much I love my stories but I don't stay on top of things!
It's not easy to stay motivated or inspired but I am trying. It's about to get really crazy in the book so get ready cause karma has got her eye on a special someone and she's not coming to play!

Vote and comment loves 💜💜💜💜