Saturday

Loud talking, laughing and footsteps is what woke me up Saturday morning. I changed my position in my bed to lay on my back and gazed up at the ceiling as I listened to Daniel and Carter walk down the stairs and then out of the front door. I hoped at least for the weekend I would have a peaceful house and they wouldn't come back. My mom and dad were on a business trip so of course Daniel was left in charge of the house again. Since I didn't hear anyone walk back upstairs I assumed Daniel left with Carter and I was glad about that. I wanted nothing more then to just be alone with my thoughts for a while. I turned over towards the side of my bed where my night stand was and checked my phone to see Stella had texted me asking to meet at Starbucks near my house for a cup of coffee before she had to work there for the rest of the day. I texted her back saying of course and got right out of bed to go and meet her. Since it was the beginning of May we were getting spring weather and it was pretty warm out so I wore a pair of grey skinny sweat pants and a grey long sleeve cropped shirt to match. The bright sun shinning in the sky made it feel like it was going to be a good day today.

The Starbucks we decided to meet at was in a shopping center near the local Mall so it was a pretty busy area. After I parked I walked into the busy Starbucks and grabbed my iced coffee from the mobile order pick up area and spotted Stella immediately. She was waving at me from the back table. She stood up from her chair as I approached her and we hugged. She was wearing her green Starbucks apron over her clothes. "How were you last night?" She gave me a concerned look As we both sat down. She looked adorable wearing her Starbucks hat over her red hair. I sat across from her while sighing at her question. Her mentioning the night before just made me think of the startling conversation I heard from Daniel's room. I wondered if I could trust Stella enough to tell her about it. It probably was best not to tell her though, her and I were still new friends and since Carter was involved and he's her brother I had no idea how she would react or if she would get offended if I told her that her brother and his friends ran a train on a girl. People can be protective over their family or people they care about even if the proof was clear as day.

"My night was fine, None of the boys stayed over but Carter so surprisingly It was pretty chill in the house." I told her just as another thought popped into my mind. "Oh yeah did you get your car?"
I almost forgot that we left it at the school because of the flat tire. Stella nodded while sipping from her coffee. "My mom got it towed to our house and they change my tired for me first thing this morning."
I sighed in relief. "Thank god."
Stella smiled back while nodding. "I know right."
She then checked her phone and glanced around the Starbucks. "Can we do something tonight? I do not want to spend my entire Saturday working and then sitting at home." She stood up and adjusted her uniform to prepare to start working.

I shrugged. "Where would we go? It's not like we can just go out to a club we're not even 18 yet." I asked her with curiosity. Stella then smiled mischievously.
"You leave that up to me." She smirked and my eyes slightly widened. She began walking away from me so I decided to yell out to her. "You know I think now is the time to tell you that I'm not into breaking the law or any of that stuff." I told her just in case she was thinking about fake I.D's or anything. I was too afraid of the police to do anything like that. Stella laughed at me as she made her way behind the register and started working. I shook my head while continuing to drink my coffee knowing that Stella would most likely try to do that anyway.

As I drank my iced vanilla latte I glanced around the Starbucks and hummed along to the low music playing throughout the cafe. When I first got here it was semi busy but the morning rush had died down as lunchtime came. As relaxing as it was sitting and drinking my coffee I wondered what I would do in the meantime until Stella was done work later on. Maybe I would rearrange my room? Or online shop? I still had to study for a quiz for one of my classes but I kind of knew I was already going to pass it. As I finished up my last bit of coffee I prepared to gather myself and get ready to go home to just relax. I glanced at Stella who was making coffee's and ringing people up with a bright smile on her face. I laughed to myself while watching her and gave a thumbs up when she looked over at me. She smiled and gave me the middle finger secretly and continued to work. It had already felt like her and I were friends for a long time and we only met a week ago. It was crazy how things work out, because before last week I barely even knew her name.