dieciséis

In an awkward silence, the squad watched the football game, not talking to each other for 4 quarters, besides Sebastian and Arcelia.  The only words that left the group's mouths were profanities as they yelled at the opposing team and the referee.

"So petty."

"What's petty?"

Arcelia rolled her eyes once she heard Ruby and Cesar start bickering.  Her and Sebastian had been apart from the crew despite sitting right next to them.  The two didn't even realize Cesar moved Olivia closer when the referee mad a bad call.  The two teams on the field started fighting, resulting in the whole Freeridge starting lineup to be kicked off the field.  Somehow, the arguing friends was all Arcelia could hear over the crowd.

"You even got Arcelia involved with your bullshit.  You're a liar, and a puta."  Ruby said, getting all up in Monse's face.

"Go to hell Ruby."  Monse exclaimed.  "I only got her involved because she ditched me.  The both of you are pathetic."

"Excuse me, bitch?"

Arcelia attempted to push past her friends, but she only ended up between Ruby and Olivia.  "The game is almost over.  Let's talk this out after."  Monse, Arcelia and Ruby started bickering again, Olivia being the only thing preventing Monse's head from being banged onto the bleachers.  "Or we can figure this out now."

"There's nothing to figure out.  Monse and Cesar are backstabbing liars.  You only dragged Arcelia and I into this because you know you're both in the wrong."

"Dude, drop it!  You're lucky you haven't gotten your ass kicked for touching my sister."

"Okay, how about we calm down a little bit."  Sebastian suggested, getting in between the shorter boys before someone was hit. 

Completely ignoring the guy above him, Ruby asked, "If I don't?  What're you gonna do, homes?  Put a greenlight out on me?"

"No, but I'll put you on pause."

"And I'm gonna watch."  Monse said, pushing Olivia and her bad outfit out of her way.  "Maybe even get in on it."

"Monse, we all know your stiff ass ain't doing shit.  How bout you close your big mouth for once before more bullshit comes out?"

"Alright, enough!"  Sebastian's deep voice interrupted them all.  "Están actuando como un grupo de niños.  Si alguien dice orta cosa, los voy a golpear en la boca!"  He shouted, drawing all attention to the group with how loud his voice was.  "And you!  Stop making everything worse, you've done enough with this group."  Sebastian told his sister, who was on the verge of crying because of him yelling at her. 

"I'm leaving.  You're such a puta, Monse."

"No."  Sebastian stated, lifting her up by her waist to keep Arcelia from walking away.  "Everyone behind the bleachers.  We're settling this shit now."

"Hell no."  Arcelia said.  "This bitch spilled my shit like it was nothing and still hasn't apologized.  What kind of friend does that, Monse?  I've kept everything you've wanted me to, but the second the spotlight hits you, you wanna throw me under the bus?  And I didn't leave you, you stopped talking to me when Olivia moved here.  If anything, I'm the injured party, so stop acting like you're the damn victim."

"Arcelia, I-"

"No, shut up!"  Arcelia cut her off.  "So what, Ruby and I almost had sex.  It doesn't matter because it's not happening again.  Stop being such a petty bitch."  Arcelia said as she walked down the stairs.  The group watched her walk off and go sit with the Santos.